Verizon DSL users....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verizon DSL users....

Well, after about 3 years of using Road Runner cable for my computer I just switched to Verizon DSL. The RR service was a pain in the ass. It was always cutting off, we had the guy to the house a few times. Tried a new modem for about 5 months and just got fed up. When it worked right it rocked. When it fukked up it got real frustrating. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] This DSL seems to work quite well and seems to be just as fast as the cable. Anyone else use Verizon service, and how has your experience been? We did not cancel the cable yet as we figured to give this new service a trial test run before we (me and the boss) make a decision.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Re: Verizon DSL users....

I've had DSL for about 5 years or so. It is pretty reliable. I made my decision based on what has more outtages, the cable or the phone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Cable modems can be a fat-ass pipe but its shared bandwidth so during peak times if you network/neighbirhood is satutated you'll have less bandwidth available. I have SWB DSL and get a package deal for DSL, Phone serive and Cell service.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I had verizon DSL and it totally sucked.. I was getting speeds slower than 56k modems would get, they sent guys over to fix it 3-4 times and they never could, but they had no problem charging me 50 bucks a month even though it didn't work. Anyway, I switched to comcast cable and I couldn't be happier.

Comment

I have Verizon DSL, and it works very well the vast majority of the time.

There have been a couple of relatively long outages. One that ended up lasting three days. One or two other times, it was out for a few hours. But that's over nearly three years of having the service. And I haven't had an outage in many months now.

Comment

I'm on DSL and all I can say is I miss my cable!

Comment

Well, I have Verizon DSL, and so far no problems. Its not as fast as Cable, but quite compareable, no outages, no shared bandwidth, its pretty good.

Comment

Working...
            X