Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone get that REALLY LONG PayPal e-mail today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone get that REALLY LONG PayPal e-mail today???

Did anyone receive a 55k e-mail from PayPal with the subject heading, "Notice of Pendency of Class Action and Proposed Settlement"? Jeez, I don't even understand what the hell is going on with it. Anyone want to break down all that legal mumbo-jumbo into dumbass' terms for people like myself... and furthermore, do I personally need to do anything? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: Anyone get that REALLY LONG PayPal e-mail today???

I got it and deleted it.

It's a class action suit that some people won, and I don't think you'd be getting anything unless some oddball criteria was met. Basically while processing some chargeback dusputes, paypal "placed inappropriate restrictions or other limits on customers' accounts and engaged in other improper practices".

Yeah, I'm sure that they did. I do know some people that might have met that criteria though. Pstang I believe was jacked pretty badly by paypal on a chargeback he had to make to someone over a guitar once, and paypal really screwed him around.

Comment

Yesterday.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've never done anything related to chargebacks, so I guess this doesn't really concern me. Thanks for the quick reply! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

I probably got it, but I just delete most of the emails I get from ebay or paypal. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I did a chargeback once, but thru my bank and paypal weren't happy, they did their own chargeback again, but then I charged it back for the final time. I got the email but have no idea about what it means for me.

Comment

I got it and dont know what it means either. Does anyone know what the hell it means or if we have to do anything. I have never had any problems so I dont think I am entitled to any settlements. I dont want anything to do with it. What do I do? I hate "legalese"

Tone
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Re: Anyone get that REALLY LONG PayPal e-mail toda

Damn, I got the exact same e-mail AGAIN. Into the trash folder it goes! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Anyone get that REALLY LONG PayPal e-mail toda

go to paypay.com/settlement

someone said they got 50 bucks but you have had to sign up between some dates and

<< << The Short Claim Form requires you to provide certain identifying information and sign a statement under penalty of perjury, which may be verified using PayPal's records, that you experienced an unauthorized or incorrect electronic transfer or an account limitation or denial of access to your account. If you make a timely, valid claim using the Short Claim Form, you will receive a payment of $50, unless the amount needed to pay all of the Short Form claims exceeds the Short Form Fund. In that case, the Short Form Fund will be divided equally among all Short Form Claimants. If the amount needed to pay all of the Short Form claims is less than the amount of the Short Form Fund, the money left over will be added to the Long Form Fund." >>

Comment

Working...
                  X