The AvP blues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AvP blues...

So I've been waiting for this movie for years. Years I tell you !!! It went to production and I've been counting the days since. Now it's almost here and I found out it has a PG-13 rating. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] What the **** is that all about? I'm going to be denied the carnage I have waited many years to see so they can market it to punk kids! I'm never watching this movie (not even the Super Special Chest Bursting Director's Cut DVD Edition)! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Then again I should've known since the Chronicles of Riddick suffered the same fate. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Re: The AvP blues...

Hehehe [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. I've also been looking forward to this one. Hmm, it does kinda suck about the PG-13 nonsense, but it is
    based an idea first initiated in a video game.

Comment

around here, you know its going to be a good flick when u start seeing the movie poster @ the bus stops "mysteriously" disappearing. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Hehehe [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. I've also been looking forward to this one. Hmm, it does kinda suck about the PG-13 nonsense, but it is
        based an idea first initiated in a video game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it started with the Dark Horse comic books. From what I understand it has no similarities with either the comic books or game.

Comment

Yeah, the comic came out in late '91, I think the first arcade game came out in '92 or '93. DAMN YOU FOR PROVING ME WRONG!!! lol

Comment

Comic Book Geek Alert! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Now, wait a second...OK, I'm a geek...but not a comic book geek...seriously.

That was an almost "Bill-like" run-on sentence there. I feel the urge to say something about the adhesive properties of my "goo"

Comment

I meant to say "line-break" not "run-on". A run-on sentence has no puntcuation, whereas it's Bill's overuse of periods that makes his posts doubly funny. Though, I abuse commas sometimes myself, so, I really have no room to talk... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Wasn't the whole AvP idea started with the inclusion of an Alien skull on the trophy-wall, in the Predator ship in "Predator 2"

Comment

..and if it does suck, surely it can't be as much of a disappointment as Aliens 3 and 4 were, can it?

Comment

Predator 2 came out in '90, so you could be right on that one. The AvP story was first fleshed out in the comic, though.

Oh, and I liked the 4th Alien...The first 2 were super rad, though.

Comment

The AvP idea was first thrown out right after Predator came out, fellas - no comic, no game, it was the FANS, man. Just like Freddy vs Jason - the idea started with the FANS [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

what's wrong with comic books?
                          i think i had my first boner when i was reading one of the old conan's as a kid. they had some great women in those issues.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Lady Death and Vampiriella always got the ol' bragiole standin' tall for me. talk about saucy, sexy, sultry mamas!

Comment

Heavy Metal magazine! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Mom: "You're 12! What are you doing with this smut?"
                              Me: "It's Sci-Fi, not smut!"
                              Mom: "Why were you hiding it, then?"
                              Me: [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X