Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone here like Muscle Cars...??

sweet, thanks.
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Can you believe the grille prices for those Cudas? They may as well be made of gold. I know a company is going to be offering reproduction Charger grilles soon, so hopefully Cuda grilles will be next in line. Though I am sure even those will not be cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw a few at Carlisle earlier this month

Completly restored 70 cuda grill = $2300
      Completly restored 71 cuda grill = $3200

I bough that cuda in the pics for $3800 in 97 with the grill! If you get a car without a grill, you're screwed!

Jim
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

They are even hard to find in good shape for Chargers, but nowhere near as bad as the Cudas. I bought 3 on the internet all had pics taken in such a way to hide the major flaws. Once in a great while a NOS Charger grille pops up for around $1500, but that rarely includes the stainless trim. That trim makes up for atleast half of the value (NOS I pices are getting over $300 these days, sometimes as much as $600).

I ended up settling on this one because it was the cleanest i could find for under $500. Its only flaw was the fact it was notched for a block heater cord. The notch is almost completely hidden by the bumper. I may cut a patch out of the old one and epoxy it in just to make it look alittle better.

Comment

I've seen mirrors go for 2k, 15in Challenger fenders for 2k. Ebody stuff is INSANE.

Comment

Hell yeah it is. If you don't find a semi complete car, you are totally hosed. I almost bought an AAR shell from a guy in PA, but when I went to look at it the floors were gone and I don't mean rusted bad, I mean gone and way past where replacements could be used. By the time I would have found and bought everything to complete it It would have been cheaper to pay 30k - 40k for number 2-3 car already done. It's gonna be tough to get back into it.

jim

Comment

Its pretty bad when you even dream about finding #4 cars. Especially now that a #4 is worth approximately what a #2 was maybe 6-8 years ago.

Comment

318 cars are up to 20k-30k now. Luckiley the 71-72 B Bodies aren't high yet, those are my favs

Comment

I've always had a secret lust for muscle cars, but what really floats my boat is a 'Q-ship'--your average Chevy or Dodge sedan that boasts 300hp but looks like a granny car. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

My parents had a barebones '65 Cutlass coupe that was insane, according to my dad. It had the basic 350ci GM V-8, but it would absolutely spin out if you floored it from a stop. My dad said that it might not have had quite the H.P. of a Cutlass 442, but that it wasn't much slower because it was lighter and didn't have air-conditioning or other power-sucking amenities. It's almost insane the amount of raw power that Detroit was putting your average grandmother-mobile back then.

My dad tells a funny story about that Cutlass. In central Montana about 1970, he was trying to pass some guy in a high-dollar Mercedes on I-90 at about 85mph. The Mercedes driver started speeding up to prevent my dad from passing him. At about 100mph, my dad decided he'd had enough and floored it, leaving that high-dollar Mercedes behind like it was standing still. Just try that today in your average GM piece o' shite!

Comment

I know a guy who has rebuilt literally thousands of old Mopars for TV shows and Movies and his personal favorite Mopar engine was the 340. If he had to build a high performance stunt car he would totally customize the 340 with a custom ground cam, etc..It gave him the torque of the bigger engines, but also significantly reduced the weight by still being a small block.

In a related topic, I was reading a Mopar magazine in the grocery store the other day that had an article on a high performance rebuild for the 318 that can coax out 400HP!

Comment

I like the 340 cause you can rev them up to 7k almost stock. If I build a dailey driver it'll be a 340 backed by a 6 six peed, with 4:10s

Comment

Great motor. That's what both my Cudas had. I've never owned a big block, but I'm not disatisfied. If I come across one I would go for it, but I guess I'm just familiar with the 340.

Jim

Comment

I like my big blocks in B-Bodies but in the a and E's give me a 340

Comment

Mopar stuff was bulletproof, wasn't it? My dad had a '67 Dodge pickup until very recently. He finally got rid of it because he was down to scouring junkyards for parts, which gets old after awhile--and we're obviously not talking about a vehicle with high collectability. But the 318 in that sucker ran as good as the day he drove it home in 1980.

And just look at all the Valiants/Darts you still see driving around with those slant-6 engines. Those are like cockroaches--they will be the only vehicles to survive a nuclear war! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS6 Baldwin Motion Phase III. Only 12 were made! They ran like... 11.2 in the 1/4 mile. And they had power windows, rear defrost, reverse lock out lever, and an Overdrive lever hooked up to a M22 Rock Crusher 4 spd. They had like 575hp straight off the showroom floor! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X