Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone have a stupid obsession with colors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: does anyone have a stupid obsession with color

i tend to shy away from black guitars because they fingerprint so easily...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I also have an aversion to red. I own a red Charvel Fusion Special, and although I like the guitar very much, the hooker lipstick red color is ghastly. Red cars also make me feel queasy-honestly, Seeing too much red gives me a motion sickness kind of feeling. I like almost any other color, even darker shades of red, just not plain old red. I am also a compulsive handwasher.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        i tend to shy away from black guitars because they fingerprint so easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I agree. Black guitars show finger smudge more than any color. But, the 1st guitar I owned where I was able to choose the color of it ..was black! I wanted a black one cos the 1st 3 I had where all white and I was way sick of that color!

BTW, for the 1st 12 or so years of playing, I HATED red guitars, esp. bright ferrari-red ones, cos they looked so 80s and were gaudy. Now I dig em for the same reasons! Go figure! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I also have an aversion to red. I own a red Charvel Fusion Special, and although I like the guitar very much, the hooker lipstick red color is ghastly. Red cars also make me feel queasy-honestly, Seeing too much red gives me a motion sickness kind of feeling. I like almost any other color, even darker shades of red, just not plain old red. I am also a compulsive handwasher.

[/ QUOTE ]
          I'm a compulsive handwasher, too! LOL Probably not as much as you, though.
          I also used to never really care for red guitars, but since I've had a few within the past couple years, I don't mind them any more, especially if they're darker shades of red. I also had one red wall in my bedroom when I was a little kid, from about '73 until '77... what the hell were my parents thinking? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] I lived there until I was 5, then my grandparents bought that house and they kept that room as a spare room and it stayed that way until they died in '92.
          Now I prefer guitars that are usually either black, blue or white, but I'll get just about anything that plays well.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't care for red either, but I do have a red guitar at the moment, my first ever. I would NEVER get a red car or truck. My favourite color is yellow, but I've never had a yellow guitar yet. I also like black. Black guitars are just so obvious, especially when you play metal. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
            X