Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International shipping... help!

[ QUOTE ]
    It appears that Norway ,or the highway, is really hot for these guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we talking about Jackson guitars in general or what?
    They suit norwegian black metal exelent you know [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: International shipping... help!

[ QUOTE ]
      I see your point, but you have to be philosophical about the fact that once the law of averages catches up to you that you'll use the money you saved underdeclaring value to replace the San Dimas Soloist that just broke and has a $100 value on the box.

[/ QUOTE ]

well considering how pleasant it is to deal with USPS or UPS for an insurance claim on a domestic shipment, think about the fun (and logistics) of filing an insurance claim on an international shipment. Also, i've never bought a guitar that cost more than $850 and have no plans to do so. by my math i've saved about $1500 so far. So I really feel that I've got not much to lose.

Note that whenever I sell a guitar to the states I ship it by Canada Post and always insure it (up to a max of $1000) because you guys don't get taxed. I've had to file one insurance claim with them on a (caseless) guitar and they were absolutely wonderful. They asked for proof of shipment and proof of insurance in addition to the guitar to be sent for inspection (at their expense!) and they promptly issued a refund. Quite remarkable especially considering that the packaging was not maimed, and there was no way to prove that the damage occured in transit.

Comment

Working...
      X