No announcement yet.

So my kids come up to me last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my kids come up to me last night...

14 and 12 yr old step-daughters say they'd like to go to a concert. They are into Britany and Eminem and Usher(I do not allow this stuff to be played in the house). They say their friends all go to concerts all the time and they wanna go see a live show. So I said OK and then I bought 4 tickets to Ozzfest. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    The cool thing is that they are really excited about it!!!
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Re: SOm my kids come up to me last night...

you just might convert them too.
    bring 'em over to the darkside jack.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Lucky kids ... I did not get to see my first live concert until I was out on my own. I lived such a deprived life back then now I just live a depraved one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That's [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] !My girls like the radio stuff as well (11 and 13) but they also keep taking my Blizzard of Oz disc too! They know the songs by heart. I got them a 3/4 scale strat and they are going to be shredding soon! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

My 11 yo actally knows the lyrics to all the classic 80's stuff like WASP AC/DC Judas Priest etc...I've watched her in the rear view mirror singing along word for word and one time durring "Family Ghost" I see here singing to "You could easily fall and break Your neck...Ha Ha Ha". THAT creeped me out! She thinks KD's voice gets annoying after a while! Like most people [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Wow Jack .....now that sound like some crap I'd do...

Good goin' man... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I think it's not good parenting to just not allow your kids not to listen to certin types of music, If my parants told me when I was 6 I coulden't listen to GnR since it had the parental advisery or since they were all over the news for using the N word and ****, I'd be far less of a person than I am now, Sure I don't care for Eminem or some of that ****,but to ban the **** from the house I'd never do that, I'm gonna want my kids to expireance everything that life can give them as far as music goes, both the goodand the bad.
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

That's different dude ....got to try to keep the kiddies from that processed ebonical cheese they call music that media force feeds down their throats...

He should expose them to real music played by real musicians ....not like G N R ....

you know dis .. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I know you disagree with my stand on certin types of music, but even all the Rap and pop music I listen to brings something to the table when I' writing Metal, I'm a drummer, I love any type of cool beat or sample and ****, Pop songs like britney and **** always give me ideas for stuff I can write, If I just limit my self to one Genre of music like metal, all my **** sounds like Slayer, kinda cool but I need something more in my music to make me happy.
                Right now I have my computer On Randam, I list the next 10 bands it plays

VH
                Pink
                megadeth
                poison
                outkast
                everclear
                enuff z'nuff
                pretty boy floyd
                Berlin
                prince
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I went to my first concert when I was 11 by chance a babysitter couldn't be found. so my mom & uncle took me. I saw the most amazing guitar player ever. That show changed my life musicaly & direction. That guitar player was someone we refer to as Mr.Rhoads [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  According To The Prophecy

Comment

that sure is a mixed bag ....well if it gives you ideas and inspires you to create someting that is "misical" ...then I can't complain ...

but the majority of these kids like this crap out of pure peer pressure and that it's "popular" ..we all know that "popular" doesn't mean it's good....i always found that it was quite the opposite ...even when I was a kid.

that was a long time ago...

Comment

I tend to hate concerts.

Comment

While I would not say I tend to hate concerts, I personally do not go to many anymore. Guess the older I get the less patience I have with dealing with large crowds. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm finding myself going to less and less of them these days ....standing for five hours with a broken neck might have something to do with it..

plus the ticket prices these days is fukkin' ridiculous ...$125 for the Ozzfest ....yeah give me four please!

Comment

Re: So my kids come up to me last night...

I took the $35 Lawn Seats.
                            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] My son is 15 and his friends all bust his chops because he listens too judas priest and the scorpions.He is always telling them their music is lame and when they ask him who he listens too...he says well I like Yngwie....and they say whooooooo [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X