what was your first guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what was your first guitar

A cheap blue Aria strat copy with a black pickguard. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

For years afterwards, I hated blue guitars. A chlorine PC1 finally got me over that hangup. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

She was a black Rev Head Charvette 200, chrome hardware, vintage trem, 2S 1H (charvel stock hum replaced for Super D.). Like my first girlfriend, Still feeling something in my chest when I remember her. She was mine for almost a decade. Had to sell her to solve my RR1

Comment

A brand spankin' new 1976 Sears Silvertone strat copy with a bigsby style trem, and single-coils in HUMBUCKER sized covers. I've still got it, although it's no longer playable (not that it ever really WAS) but I may end up trying to restore it to it's former glory (?) one day just for shits and grins.

Comment

My first guitar was a Hohner LP custom copy. Weighed a ton like the LP but thats where the similarities end. I spent nearly a years paper route money to have the Bridge moved fom MM to standard and Dimarzio Pu's and electronics installed and the tuners repaced and etc. In total money spent I could have gotten the real deal but what does a 12 y.o. know anyway.

Comment

My 1st guitar was a airline (Wards brand)black LP copy.
            1st real guitar was a baby blue 1st year production Fender mustang with white pearloid pick guard.Wish I still had it now for my collection. It took me a year and 1/2 to save for it and I had to wait 6 months for it to arrive in Juneau,Alaska to the music store I ordered it from.It was actually a pretty decent guitar and I gigged with it for quite a few years.
            I only sold it and the rest of my stuff because I was forced to make a decision between music and my wife at the time.(Important lesson learned there)I think most of us have had the same experience.Guess what the 1st wife left anyhow.
            I found I can give up a lot of things and go without many others but MUSIC is not one of em'

KEEP ON ROCKIN'

Comment

harmony les paul with a speaker built in...wine red...possibly responsible for my current dis-like of anything les paul shaped at this point in time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

A used Hagström Les Paul sunburst. It was a killer guitar but i was too inexperienced to know.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  1984 Ibanez Roadstar II, Red with White Pickguard and Red covers on the 3 single coil pickups.

[/ QUOTE ]

i had one of those too...after i got rid of the harmony les paul i picked one of those up (135.00, good deal for the money) and played it for a year til i got a gobson ex2...d.m.
                  http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

No-name red Strat copy, long gone.

First real guitar I only got a year and a half ago, a REAL red Fender Standard Strat. Sweet guitar, actually.

Comment

My first guitar was a 1995 or so fender strat. What a joke.

MY first real guitar was a late 80's ESP M-III which was a great guitar.

Comment

My first guitar was an Arbor copy of an exlorer. It was a POS that had the head crack within one month of getting it.

Comment

Long before I could afford my first guitar, a friend of mine who had many lent me two to learn on.

Don't be hating now....

He first lent me a beautiful Godin custom acoustic to build up my finger strength, and then he lent me a zebra San Dimas Charvel. Yep, that was the first electric I played on.

Then the first guitar that I paid for was a Jackson Fusion Pro.

Comment

I think my first guitar was a Hondo Les Paul copy.

Comment

Trump ..Semi - hollow with bigsby action whammy...
                              [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

then to a Crestline SG... [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

A piece of **** BC Rich bronze series warlock. I would personally like to thank myself for selling it and getting a better guitar.

Comment

Working...
                                X