The guitars I wish I would have bought thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The guitars I wish I would have bought thread

Some of these I couldn't afford at the time, some I was too late on the BIN, and some I was just stupid and passed them over. Congrats if you own some of these guitars. I wish I had these (please don't take this as an offer to buy them):

(Please feel free to post your greatest misses)

Re: The guitars I wish I would have bought thread

1. The Blue Warrior with the Iommi crosses

2. The Bengal gunsliger I ended passing on last year when I bought my trans am

3. A pink strathead charvel that was on ebay like 5 years ago, went for like $810, I have pics somewhere
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Any string thru, neck thru Rhoads.

Comment

the custom dinky with crop circle inlays on a maple neck...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

The trans-black 2003 NAMM USA Charvel Strat being sold by Online Stage Gear...
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Also the orange flame Jackson strathead from Lance's list but I don't remember seeing that one when it came up.

A few more:

I called to buy this one from a shop but missed by about 10 minutes after thinking about it for 3 days:

And here's one that I've never seen up for sale but I'd love to find someeday:

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
              I drooled over that guitar too. I think I visited his site everyday just to look at. It's hard to find trans finishes that are perfect and that one was. I'll probably end up getting a Custom Shop designed just like it one day. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I also really wish I pulled the trigger on a trans-black Kelly that was at my local GC a year or so ago... played like a dream (until GC f@ck it all up)... damn [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Nick

Comment

There's SOOOO many of 'em I'm not sure where to start.
                Hamer Virtuoso (only 20 or so ever made, 1 came through a local guitar shop and it was just out of my price range at the time)
                Custom Shop Rhoads (maple board/black sharks) same store/reason
                25th Anniversary Strat=$350 at a flea market and my mom wouldn't front me the $$$. God only knows what it's worth today.

Comment

yet another one,
                  i had one of those 4 oxbloods for a little while.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Not a jackson but I missed that:

Comment

RR0025 is the only one I wish I would have bought that I didn't, but at the time I was broke from buying other stuff. Maybe Tommy's Oxblood too, but I've never liked 'birds.

Brett

Comment

In 1988 when I was at The St. Charles Guitar Exchange ordering another King V, I saw a white Hamer Firebird hanging in the store for $800. I passed to find out later that it was custom built for Robbin Crosby...It was sold at a Texas guitar show a few months later.

You can see the guitar on Robbincrosby.net in the gallery section.

Adrian
                        All hail the 'King'
                        R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

yet another one posted the pic of the crop circles guitar...yay...now i have it saved...thanks dude...d.m.
                          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

1992 I passed on a Charvel SD strathead at The Starving musician in santa clara. It was going for a whopping 375.00 [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]. I opted for a 1977 Fender Strat in the slightly rare SG maroon color for 300.
                            I had a chance to get one of the ESP Lynch Bones (MOM) and I passed thinking they would continue to make them, stupid. I believe they only made 25.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              I drooled over that guitar too. I think I visited his site everyday just to look at. It's hard to find trans finishes that are perfect and that one was. I'll probably end up getting a Custom Shop designed just like it one day. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I also really wish I pulled the trigger on a trans-black Kelly that was at my local GC a year or so ago... played like a dream (until GC f@ck it all up)... damn [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt's still trying to sell the Green one on eBay. If I didn't have that the dreaded Fundzarlo disease, I'd be all over it like white on rice.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X