No announcement yet.

What do you remember about the 90's??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you remember about the 90\'s??

90's????? Holy Sh!t I missed the 90's! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Actually I just don't wanna type that much stuff... I got lots a cool stories I can tell if I ever end up meeting some of you guys over some beers....

Comment

Ummmmm.......90 turned 10....nothing much till 94- I got my first guitar(USA Peavey Predator)....96 started taking lessons( I NEEDED them!!!)...97-First Jackson (JRR-94)....99- traded both my guitars towards a SL1, worked in a nursing home kitchen till I paid the rest off(worst job ever!!).

2000- started teaching guitar at the same store where I took lessons.

Due to beer and other substances most of the rest is gone forever!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        1991- Getting an A on a science test in the 4th grade the same Motley Crues decade of decadance came out and my mom having it already bought for me waiting at the house for me even before she knew I got an A on it

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, by 1991 I was already committed to rehab. I don't mean I was dedicated to it, I mean I was committed. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So I don't remember much until about '95. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Keith
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

i could learn alot from you AX. seriously.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

The ninties were similar to the eightys from what little I can remember. Come to think of it the eightys were a lot like the seventies which were alot like the sixties. OH MY GOD !!!!!!! Forty years of self abuse. Time flys when your having fun. Dana

Comment

1990- Playing alot of gigs, and partying.
              1991- Met my lovely wife at a party.
              1992- playing more gigs and dating my now wife.
              1993- Got engaged to my now wife, and still playing gigs.
              1994- got married.
              1995- went into band retirement.
              1996- Bought my 1st house. We were expecting our 1st child, but lost it early in the 1st term.
              1997- Became a born again christian. Our 1st son was born. I named him Randy after Mr. Rhoads.
              1998- Our second son Timothy was born. Joined my Church's praise band.
              1999- worked alot, played with my church band.
              2000- Had a new home built. Recorded a CD with my Praise band.
              2001- Worked ALOT
              2002- My 3rd son Daniel was born. I had a vasectomy.
              2003- Came out of band retirement.
              2004- Starting to gig occassionally, with some very interesting opportunities arising, some even may be pro prospects(exciting).
              1990 Jackson Professional
              1992 Dean ML
              2004 Epiphone Flying V
              2005 Epiphone Dot
              2009 Fender Stratocaster
              2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
              2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
              2006 Fender P Bass
              2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
              1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
              1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
              Custom Pedalboard
              ADA MP1
              ADA FX2
              Tascam 2488

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Actually that was Jimmy Page touring with the Black Crowes, not Plant. Chris Robinson wouldn't have had much to do on that tour otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it was indeed Robert Plant and the Black Crowes touring on the same bill. The Crowes were the opening act on that tour in support of Plant's "Manic Nirvana" disc. I know what you are saying about the Page/Crowes tour, but the tour I saw, both Plant's band and the Black Crowes played separate sets and did not jam together.
                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

The 90s
                  The birth of the FOX network. It ruled, Simpsons, Married with Children, In Living Color, X-Files. Now its as lame as the other networks.
                  A sour note in the 90s was the death of the LA metal/rock scene classify it however you want to.
                  Democrats took control and dismantled our military.
                  Rap music became mainstream.
                  The home computer developed into something anyone not from M.I.T. could use. Purchased my first one in 1993/4 its was a screaming fast 486 DX 33, upgradable to a P90.
                  The internet became accessible to everyone. Joined AOL in 93/4 with AOL 2.0.
                  Cell phones.

Comment

The 90s:

--Rock 'n Roll turns from a bunch of guys singing about getting laid to a bunch of guys whining about how they aren't getting laid.

--Rock guitar goes into the Dark Ages. The light of learning is kept flickering by a few increasingly cranky old men playing a few old Charvel/Jacksons that they buy and sell from each other with alarming regularity.

--On the bright side, women's fashions became increasingly skimpy, and America gets over that whole '80s Reagan-era preppy prude attitude. And I say that as a Republican...

--Out: Cocaine, wine coolers. In: Heroin, microbrew.

--Out: TV shows that take place in L.A. In: TV shows that take place in NYC.

--Breast implants reach Middle America.

--Those stoned-out geeks you knew in high school in the '80s who spent too much time with their Apple II or Commodore 64 are all multi-millionaires now. Or at least were until their stock options plummeted to earth in 2000...

Comment

Working...
                    X