surfer bit in half, this is sick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: surfer bit in half, this is sick.

Well the next time someone dies from a heart attack I guess I'll just think "oh well sh!t happens, it's natural, why should I sympathize?" Nice mentality. There's no reason to blame the sharks, but there's also no reason to blame a guy that died a horrible death. Of course we're not going to sympathize over a guy we don't know, but not sympathizing because he was surfing in shark territory (questionable since great white sharks prefer deeper and colder waters away from the shore) seems pretty foolish to me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      the Great Whites launch out of the water.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then set fire to the club...

Comment

They know it's not seals

There is a story from WWII (Paciffic) when a ship got hit and sunk, the men were in the water for day (3 i think) and when they got picked up, only 1/3 of the men were still alive [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Don't remember it too well though.

Comment

Ah found it!

At 12:14 a.m. on July 30, 1945, the USS Indianapolis was torpedoed by a Japanese submarine in the Philippine Sea and sank in 12 minutes. Of 1,196 men on board, approximately 300 went down with the ship. The remainder, about 900 men, were left floating in shark-infested waters with no lifeboats and most with no food or water. The ship was never missed, and by the time the survivors were spotted by accident four days later only 316 men were still alive.

http://www.ussindianapolis.org/main.htm

Comment

quint delivered the bomb though
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              That is horrible. But those beasts have about 2 million years on you. Whenever we homo sapiens get off the couch and decide to mess with "Mother Nature", we get all upset when something goes "Natural". ie. avalanches; snow storms; tidalwaves; rockslides etc. That surfer was not in his natural enviornment and his number came up. Sorry, but "He knew the job was dangerous when he took it." (Super Chicken)

[/ QUOTE ]

BOC said it best in Godzilla "History shows again and again
              How nature points out the folly of men"
              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Now, If he had been eaten by Godzilla, that would be real news. Dressing up like a woman is folly. Surfing is macho boys and girls stuff. Unless their boards are painted like some of the geetars I've seen on E-Bay.
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

look!!!! air jaws

Comment

Sharks are so perfect in design its not even funny, they're just so 'aerodynamic' but in water (hydrodynamic? lol)... they also remind me of Lamborghini Diablo's. It's incredible that they can get so high out of the water with that much weight... strong mofo's.

Comment

"WoW!! Dude. That looks like an old Corvette." "Chomp" went the shark. "Ooops. I guess I'll see my better half in heaven.", says half the man he used to be.
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

yeah to put it in perspective that is a 15/18 foot shark jumping outta the water. btw they do that in california waters too!!!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          says half the man he used to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

This was taken off the coast of North Carolina:
                            http://www.batgrafix.com/2004/05/fis...-shark-on.html
                            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                            X