DoctorTama and I: band shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoctorTama and I: band shots

Thought some of you would get a kick out of seeing Dave (DoctorTama) and I kickin' out covers of Ratt, Dokken, Crue, Scorps, etc. We played a Friday/Saturday at a cool place on the St. Charles landing about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately, my wife didn't take a shot of Guy, our rhythm player, using my KE-2. He's a lefty player who plays guitars strung for a righty. He just flips it upside down! Yep, you heard it, a Kelly played upside down, with the bass strings on the bottom. I'll be sure to get him next time. In one pic, I'm using my 85 Soloist (magenta sparkle) and in the other, my crossed swords. I have to include a solo shot of Dave too or it just wouldn't be right...
    Laugh it up....

Re: DoctorTama and I: band shots

He's a lefty player who plays guitars strung for a righty. He just flips it upside down! Yep, you heard it, a Kelly played upside down, with the bass strings on the bottom.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, that's pretty rare to see and hear.
    I once saw an old guy which was playing like your friend. He played some cheap nylon-stringed acoustic righty, flipped upside down... But he smoked, goddamn. He was playing some nasty arpeggios.

Comment

Doyle Bramhall II the kid prodigy from Texas plays like that. If you've ever seen him play with Roger Waters or SRV you would be blown away. You can see him rip on the Roger Waters In the Flesh DVD.

Comment

Killer soloist bro,nice GMW too!!Thanx for sharing pics!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Nice axes! I have to see a KE played upside down!

Comment

i've tried that, the opposite hand, bass strings upside down. and interesting feel for sure!

Comment

Damn, my friggin' head keeps getting bigger in diameter every time I see a picture of myself!!!

Comment

Very true, omelette-head! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Oh, Guy can tear that Kelly up, no doubt...it just looks wierd seeing a Kelly upside down. It's almost as if he could very easily get stabbed in the jaw by the lower point (which in his case, is the upper point). I guess I could look at it like he's playing a reverse head Kelly...now that would be cool as hell.

Comment

Dude, Give me a buzz next time you're out giggin somewhere local here, I'll have to stop in and heckle, errrr, I mean check you guys out... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

Great pics Tom - thanks for sharing those.

So do you guys have a rule about balancing right and left handed musicians in the band? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorTAMA:
                      Damn, my friggin' head keeps getting bigger in diameter every time I see a picture of myself!!!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL For a minute, I thought you were sitting there and towering over the kit. I thought, gee, Gene Hoglan looks puny compared to you! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

When I met these two guys here in Chicago, I thought to myself... Damn, Doc Tama is one tall mofo!
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                        X