GAS Account......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAS Account......

This may sound pathetic, but the other day Mr LPC and I went to see our Financial Planner that is helping us with some mutual funds and stuff for the future to pay for my "dream home" and my daughters college education. While we were there, we discussed different accounts for different things. We had already agreed to set up accounts for petty cash and emergency cash, and I thought...why not a guitar fund too??? It would make it so much easier when those out of the blue deals fall into your lap. So....starting in August, we will have a couple of hundred bucks stuck into a Money Market account with First Command thats labeled GAS Account....It may sound stupid, but at least I know the money is there the next time he comes crying about some guitar he found that otherwise we wouldnt have the cash for.

Dont know why I posted this, I know its stupid but its Sunday and Im bored to tears...gotta do something entertaining...

Mrs LPC [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: GAS Account......

Yo: I used to be a stockbroker at Schwab. Here's a tip. If this "guitar money" is, in effect, mad money, find yourself a no-load stock mutual fund and let it ride. May go up, may go down but at least you will have some action while you are waiting. "Disclaimer: I will disavow anything I just said if the Feds come after me for giving investment advice. As for legal advice, I watch Perry Mason all the time and have picked up a few things. Like, don't stand-up in the middle of court and say you did it." I'm bored too.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

This account is basically throw away money I would have blown at Wal Mart. I want to keep the guitar account separate from the others, it would make it too tempting to dip into the others for guitar money. I like the fact that its a money market account too. That way we can only use it 3 times a month, and our financial planner is keeping the checks in our file in his office, and Im gonna tell him that he is to only give us a check when we come to him and say its a USA Jackson guitar...we get no check for anything else.

Comment

I've always had that, I always put cash away in my desk just in case something like a car, guitar or something else pops up, so I don't have to dip into the bank account.
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I cant put cash away in the house and expect it to be there fifteen minutes after I put it up. When I was growing up, money was a very precious thing. Daddy was a coal miner/farmer...dont get me wrong, daddy made damn good money in the mines, but he was the type that put it ALL in the bank, and I was lucky to get 5 bucks for gas and that had to do me all weekend, and he drove my truck on Saturdays and didnt replace what he used...so now, when I have extra money, it burns like no tomorrow. Thats why I have to put it in a bank that located in Texas. Its the only way for me...

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom:
            This account is basically throw away money I would have blown at Wal Mart. I want to keep the guitar account separate from the others, it would make it too tempting to dip into the others for guitar money. I like the fact that its a money market account too. That way we can only use it 3 times a month, and our financial planner is keeping the checks in our file in his office, and Im gonna tell him that he is to only give us a check when we come to him and say its a USA Jackson guitar...we get no check for anything else.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Young Frankenstein:"Whatever I say, Don't let me out!"
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

When I was 18 I got scewed by a bank since I wasn't a long standing member or some shit so they'd hold my paychecks like a week, well I got smart and started cashing it all and then putting the cash back in my account well they screwed up and put my cash in like a check 1 time and said they couldn't release my money till my paycheck cleared, well I had bills to pay and I was ready to kill somebody if I didn't get my money that I had in my account, well after threatining everybody who worked there i finally got my money, well I forgot that I used my card to fill up my tank the night before so that morning when I finally got my money I told the whole branch to fuck off and close my account, well that $30 got turned into collections and cost me like $250. So I like to keep most my money in my desk. Now that i'm older and have a better bank I do keep most my money in my accounts though.
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I need financial management too. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] This is what happens when you spend your whole day on JCF drooling over guitars.

Comment

sounds like a good idea to me! Mr. LPC is a pretty lucky man. My girlfriend has now just accepted that I am fickle with guitars and that they come and go as I please.

Comment

Well, MY broker is E. F. Hutton. And he says.........

Comment

<-----is listening [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X