Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jason Becker/pointy headstock Carvin fans - check this out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Becker/pointy headstock Carvin fans - check this out!

Sexy.

Re: Jason Becker/pointy headstock Carvin fans - check this out!

That's great for the Carvin fans! Are you jumping in Joe?
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

That's great--very tempting.

Comment

Man, you know....for that price and for the pictured guitar, that is a terrific value [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I used to have a Carvin DC-127T and it was a great guitar, although I now prefer my Jackson's (just a personal preference, not jamming on Carvin in any way, shape, or form [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] ).

For a younger player or a high school/college age musician on a budget this would be an incredible investment for him/her.

Very cool...thanks for sharing that [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I found it kinda funny that in that thread, someone was discussing the extra charge for the pointy headstock... Someone needs to tell that guy about licensing fees.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
            That's great for the Carvin fans! Are you jumping in Joe?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, I'm not jumping in. I just thought it was pretty cool, since a lot of Carvin fans have been asking for a pointy headstock again. I always liked that one, but I never cared for the Jackson-type headstock they used before that... it just seemed too thin and anorexic looking when they did it. When I get another Carvin, it will be a 7-string. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's cool, but I would rather get one of the old ones with Strat body style for $400 off of Ebay. Probably wouldn't take any longer looking on Ebay than ordering and waiting for this limited production model.

Nice that they're offering it though...
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                That's cool, but I would rather get one of the old ones with Strat body style
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe the Strat body style was only available on the DC145 which was H/S/H. The DC200 and other DC models only had the standard body sculpting or the newer rounded body sides of today, IIRC.

Comment

I think you're right; actually the DC145 was what I was thinking of. They seem to go unusually cheap on the Bay.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                    I believe the Strat body style was only available on the DC145 which was H/S/H. The DC200 and other DC models only had the standard body sculpting or the newer rounded body sides of today, IIRC.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not quite so. The Strat body sides were only *standard* on the DC145 (one of which I had until fairly recently). But you could get them as an option on the other DC guitars from 1989-1992. The current Carvin DC body style was introduced in 1993, IIRC. Before that, the regular version was ultra-pointy, with the alternative being the Strat body side option. I think the modern 'rounded' body option was introduced as a replacement for the Strat body option.

Comment

Jason Becker/pointy headstock Carvin fans - check this out!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] http://apps.carvin.com/cgi-bin/ubbcg...c;f=1;t=011750

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
                        I believe the Strat body style was only available on the DC145 which was H/S/H. The DC200 and other DC models only had the standard body sculpting or the newer rounded body sides of today, IIRC.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not quite so. The Strat body sides were only *standard* on the DC145 (one of which I had until fairly recently). But you could get them as an option on the other DC guitars from 1989-1992. The current Carvin DC body style was introduced in 1993, IIRC. Before that, the regular version was ultra-pointy, with the alternative being the Strat body side option. I think the modern 'rounded' body option was introduced as a replacement for the Strat body option. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh yeah, you are correct. I just dug out my old '91 catalog and saw you could get the strat body as an option on anything. The new rounded body option does seem like it replaced the strat-type. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmmmm.. the price went up, the last time(i think a year or so back) i sent a mail to Carvin's Rep, he quoted me around the range of $950 for a Jason Becker replica. And i must add that the customer service from Carvin is SUPERB!!!

Fong

Comment

Yeah, their prices have gone up a tiny bit in the last year or so, I noticed that in the catalogs.

Comment

Working...
                            X