Rolex Watch Replicas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rolex Watch Replicas

Well, you could look at it two ways - your chances of being clubbed increase with a Rolex/fake, as opposed to a standard Armatron or other WalMart brand, but your Pimp Factor also increases with a Rolex/fake [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It's a tradeoff [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I got an Oris watch a few years ago from my family when I graduated college. There are certain places I won't wear it. Just don't put yourself in a situation where there is a chance of being clubbed.

Comment

Sorry Joe but I think wearing a fake Rolex makes you just as fake as the watch. Do I think a man wearing a Rolex is more of a man? hell no....

Buy a real one and you'll never have to buy another watch again.

Its like a women padding her bra...nice looking tits and when you get her home and take it off she looks like 2 eggs sunny side up [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

You might also want to check out:

http://www.fakereviews.com

Comment

Tryp yeah he made a few bucks ...but a few bucks is not worth catchin' a case and goin' to the joint.. [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

If I'm going to take a chance going to the joint ...it's for at least a Mill....that's worth takin' a chance ...maybe ...depends what it is ..

on the other my father was a very lucky , succesful entrepreneur.....he took the money and ran ..and knew when to quit while he was ahead....but some get greedy , then sloppy and stupid ...like my brother ...who catches a case once a month ...trying to make a "quick" buck. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

he'll be back int the joint by this summer ...guaranteed!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz:
              Sorry Joe but I think wearing a fake Rolex makes you just as fake as the watch. Do I think a man wearing a Rolex is more of a man? hell no....

Buy a real one and you'll never have to buy another watch again.

Its like a women padding her bra...nice looking tits and when you get her home and take it off she looks like 2 eggs sunny side up [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You took the words out of my mouth, man. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the info Bill. I had a chance to snag a couple of cases of the better Japanese clones a while back and passed (great deal on them, too). My intention was to sell them here in Augusta during Masters week. Of course, I was going to sell them as replicas, so I wouldn't have been breaking the law. Problem was that local law enforcement (under pressure from the Augusta National Golf Club, I presume) has really been cracking down on street vendors during Masters week.

Too bad about your brother. I have a family member who is constantly escaping prosecution. Someone at the prosecutors office always seems to lose the file, a witness moves and can't be found, etc. Sooner or later she will finally get nailed and its going to be a rude awakening when she does.

Comment

Side Note: Does anyone know where I can get a replacement Band and Latch for MY Chinese "Rolex"? The latch broke, and I´m not exactly too hot about taking this thing to a Rolex dealer......

I have my dads submariner and my copy, which is pretty much 1/1, but I prefer not to wear it (the original) casually or at work (or onstage for that matter). That´s what the Repli is for, the real one I wear when the occasion warrants it / the chance of damage is lower [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Any ideas?

Comment

Thanks for all your opinions, I was just asking if anyone actually had any experience with a Swiss replica. Why would anyone want a replica? The biggest issue is THE COST! Look at guitars, the most I've ever plunked for a CS Jackson was 2K. You can't even buy a stainless Rolex (new) for that! The one I posted up above is around 7K, that's why I can't get the real thing, duh!~
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

7k, for a rolex??? your joking?? How expensive can these real rolex's get?

Comment

7K is only for a brand new two tone! Get an all gold and you're looking at $20,000 easy. Add some diamonds or other gems and it goes way up. I've seen these fine watches priced at $100,000 in catalogs. Seriously, guys, we're not talking about a grand or two, a genuine Rolex is OUT OF REACH for the common schmoe. But for around a thou, you can get a very good Swiss made replica.
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Just buy a $5 Swatch watch off ebay and be happy...watches tell you what time it is, not tell how much bling you got.

Comment

Horns, did your brother make much money doing that?

Comment

i have a russian friend who has a $6k rolex

Comment

Originally posted by Trypp Powell:
                                Of course, I was going to sell them as replicas, so I wouldn't have been breaking the law.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In the interst of clearing up another internet myth: It is NOT true that simply advertising a counterfeit as a "replica" will absolve you of any liability. The federal anti-counterfeiting statute reads:

...the term "counterfeit mark" means a counterfeit of a mark that is registered on the principal register in the United States Patent and Trademark Office for such goods or services sold, offered for sale, or distributed and that is in use, whether or not the person against whom relief is sought knew such mark was so registered.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So if the mark is registered on the principal register (Rolex is) and you're selling goods bearing the registered mark that are of the same type for which the mark is registered (e.g., watches bearing the mark "Rolex"), you're selling "counterfeits" according to the federal statute. At this point you're looking at a federal CRIMINAL prosecution, jail time, statutory damages of $5k to $100k or triple your profits (whichever is *greater*), plus the other side's attorney's fees for the civil action (figure a couple hundred grand minimum).

So what does calling them "replicas" buy you? I'd argue that it makes you a willful infringer (you sold the goods knowing full well they were counterfeits) which ups the available statutory damages to a maximum of $1,000,000 (IIRC more if it's not your first offense).

Depending on where you live, there may also be state civil & criminal penalties in addition to the federal ones.

Folks, there's good reason the web sites selling this stuff routinely disappear in a few weeks.

As always this isn't a legal opinion and you shouldn't rely on it as such. If you're bound and determined to take a vacation at Club Fed, be sure you consult an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction first. Maybe they can help you arrange a hetero cellmate.
                                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                                X