Union rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union rant

Lerx, if you were in a union when your midical problems arose, you would be working light duty now.
    Medical would be picked up and I think you would be on my side of this argument. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yes, the union and non union contractors plot against each other.
    It's kind of like the democrats and republicans.
    Doesn't mean that the average rank and file member is out there trashing a rat contractors stuff or even would condone that.

Hell, I've been laid off since christmas and I haven't even considered going rat.
    I think I only have 1 more unemployment check coming though, so I'll have to take a call here any day now.
    We make the $ we do, because we don't always work year-round.

If you honestly think that your company would pay you a living wage with overtime and give you medical/dental insurance, paid holidays, sick days, vacation and pension plans, out of the goodness of their heart, then I think you need to give up whatever you're smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb:
      That's NOT right. People made to work through breaks, NOT right. Then again, people being WAYYYYYYYYYYYY overpaid for a job, in my opinion is not right.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Interesting. There's players UNIONS for Baseball, Basketball, Football, and Hockey... Oh, I forgot, you're too busy to notice facts that might be contradictory to what you write.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky, quit trying to start shit. You take everything I say out of context, and try and sling insults through inuendo (the education piece you mentioned earlier was a true gem). If you read what I did (wait, you're too busy bitching at me to read) type out, you see that I'm complaining about THOSE union people that abuse a system, and then make people who aren't union (like you) turn into people who complain relentlessly about it.

If you read what I typed, you would see that I think people take it way too far.

All I have to say is, my job is good, I make a fair wage, and have good benifits. And I'm not the one making threads about people striking and doing other peoples jobs. As a matter of fact, I'll be helping people picket in Johnstown PA on Tuesday, because they are striking.

If you don't like doing a job that isn't yours, quit your job, and go to another shop.

You're bitching about doing other peoples work, in a union, you don't do that. But wait, you hate them. You know what, I've wasted enough of my time typing about this. Those who are pro-union, are pro, and those who are not, are not. Period end of sentence. It's the same as, the people who are voting for Bush, are going to vote for Bush, and Kerry for Kerry.

You have your opinion, I have mine. I tried to be civil about everything, but you've ignored any point I've made, while I've taking in all yours, and said why either I did or didn't like it.

Have a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb:
          If you don't like doing a job that isn't yours, quit your job, and go to another shop.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This may be the most absurd thing I have ever seen anyone post.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Honestly Deneb, I don't care about your opinion. I started the thread to let off a little steam about having to work 12 hour shifts because of the strike. I felt the items that the union was striking on were quite weak.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

I mentioned about 200 times, I had no idea why they went on strike. You didn't say (that I saw, I could have missed it however).

You've already let people know, you care about yourself, and not about you fellow American, in your posts in this thread already.

Likewise, I could give a damn less about your union opinion. You say, that my comment about you not liking doing someone elses job is stupid. I fail to see how. I'm not the one who is doing someone elses job. My description is clearly outlined when I bid on my job, and I do, that job. You're doing more work than you want to, 12 hours you say? That's 4 more than I have to, and I'm happier.

Then again, I did get bumped from one department before, to a different one, I didn't like that, but without the union, I wouldn't have a job.

Rather than you tell me you think I'm stupid, and myself trying to retort it, and rather than this going to whatever mud slinging there could be; Enjoy your job, I'll enjoy mine. If you don't like yours, get a new one, and I'll do the same. If you started this to let off steam, you and I debating, is NOT going to help, but wait, you don't care about my opinion, so none of what I just said is probably right.

I'm off to finish the family guy. Regardless if I think your union ideas suck, doesn't mean we have to bicker back and forth.

Comment

My better judgement tells me to just let this go, but sometimes I just don't listen.

Let me ask you this...

First, the setup...

Say you're working your job, with no problems, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Then all of a sudden some employees at the company you work for say that they're not going to work for the company because they don't want to pay for benefit x. You think about this for a moment and say, "Hey, I have to pay for benefit x, what are they complaining about?" Then you get told by the company that you have to work the other employee's jobs with little training for 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week until the other employees settle on the negotiations over benefit x. On top of this, it occurs to you that you're not going to get compensated for this extra time. You decide that you rather like the luxuries of a roof over your head, food, clothing, and transportation.

Would you go along with this without any sort of reservations? Would you quit your job knowing how hard it would be to find gainful employment?
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                X