DFW area JCFers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DFW area JCFers

Hotrodder..Sorry to hear about your Dad.

I live in Rockwall which is about 25 miles from Dallas. I work in downtown Dallas, Deep Ellum area. I have been in Dallas since 1998 and so far I really like it. I don't know much about the area your Dads in but generally Dallas is a killer city to live. I lived in Houston for 11 years before moving here and I can tell you the weather is nicer in Dallas, even when it is high temps the humidity isn't as bad as it is in Houston.

Texas has the most beautiful women in the country, at least in Dallas and Houston. Only other state in the country with as many is California. Cost of living is decent too. If you can find work here I think you'd like it.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

No White Castle, but who the hell wants those shitty little hamburger pucks anyway? [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] I don't know if you get them, but Whataburger is way better. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys.

Looks like I might do it if I can swing the moving costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
          No White Castle, but who the hell wants those shitty little hamburger pucks anyway? [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] I don't know if you get them, but Whataburger is way better. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whataburger kicks ass.... All the more reason to move to Texas. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Brad:
            Whataburger kicks ass.... All the more reason to move to Texas. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I had my first Whataburger the other day. Good Stuff!
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Damn, I lived in The Colony about 12 years ago! Partied hard in Dallas and worked at Toys-R-Us on Preston I think it was!?!? Was cool back in the day of Emerald, Forest, and California Crossings! Those were the days..... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Just thought I'd update this.

I just got back in Indiana, My Dad is doing pretty good now. He ended up getting a lung removed but so for no traces of cancer anywhere else [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Lots changed in here, new forum, Killer new Charvels, And EVH!!??!!?? damn

Oh well off to find a new Job, I'll be sticking around here more often.

Comment

Very glad to hear the good news, John!

[And as an East Texas native, who LOVES Texas, I have to tell you that the only nice thing I can say about Dallas is that some cool JCF bros live there. San Antonio, Houston, Austin - those places I love.]

And Whataburger does, in fact, kick ass. Brad may have access to one on State Line that stays open all night (do they all?) that I ate many many many drunken meals at around 3 in the morning.

[ QUOTE ]
                  Weatherwise, coastal Southern California is the best place to be year-round. Doesn't rain much and the temps are usually very mild. I say "coastal" because average summer high temp is about 70 degrees, but over the hills an.d 11 miles away in the San Fernando Valley
                  it can be 95 when it's 70 at the beach.
                  it's called microclimates. Cost of living close to the beach is insane though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, its the best place to be if your refrigerator breaks and you want to set your food outside without it going bad. Dood, 70 isn't mild - 70 is ass-cold. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] As I type this, the water @ LA is 71, and the water @ San Diego is 75. Maybe I'm just a 6' tall vagina, but I can't swim in that (not without a wetsuit). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith
                  The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Working...
                  X