Layne Staley RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Layne Staley RIP

"The only song anyone knew was "man in the box" ...hardly anyone was even watching the show ...they were busy pissin' and getting beer ...I was front row center in a mostly empty Pavilion ..watching these guys and thinking to myself ...these guys kick ass ..."

Same experience here, but it was the "Clash of the Titans" tour when I saw them. I think it was december 1990.

Comment

Re: Layne Staley RIP

Yeah, it would be Mike Inez...I have no idea what Mike Starr has been doing for the last 11 years. William from Comes With The Fall did do Layne's parts good, but I don't think anyone could match Layne, or even come close...William was a super nice guy too. I'm glad to know that there are lots of fans of Layne out there, I remember when he died the local rock/alternative station here had an hour tribute to him the day after he died, but I didn't really hear much else about it, which bummed me out. Kurt Cobain gets an entire day on that same station dedicated to him every year on the anniversary of his death...I guess in death those guys mirror their careers in life...AIC was probably the most critically and commercially unsuccessful of the big 4 Seattle bands, but they seem to have had the biggest influence on newer bands and there are lots of silent fans out there too...

Comment

Working...
      X