• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 5 Greatest Cd\'s/Albums of All Time

King Kobra - Ready To Strike
    Rough Cutt - S/T
    King Diamond - Abigail
    Racer X - Street Lethal or Second Heat (take your pick)
    Burning Rain - S/T or Pleasure To Burn (take your pick)

Honorable Mention:

Howe II - High Gear
    Bulletboys -S/T
    Blackfish - S/T
    XYZ - Hungry
    Cold Sweat - Breakout
    Hericane Alice - Tear The House Down

[ April 18, 2004, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Ralph E. ]

Comment

Led Zeppelin- 2- Saved Us From Hippies

Van Halen- 1- Saved us from Disco

Motley Crue- Shout At The Devil- Saved us from listening to the knack

Slayer- Reign In Blood- The Soundtrack to hell

AIC- Dirt- Just a Great Album
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Damn these threads are way to vague ...in short "gay"

but I will try and patronize..

Van Halen ...like Greg said it changed the world of guitar ....my world anyways...

BUT

Jimi Hendrix Experience also changed the world before he did in 1967

Then in early 1983 Mike Varney brought this punk swede By the name Yngwie to the US....actual name is Lars...teamed him up with some metal fags ... Ron Keel with a little album called Steeler....That got Lars the attention he needed to get the gig with Alkatraz...with ex Rainbow singer Graham Bonnet..then he was replaced by Steve Vai ...who later was EVH's replacement with DLR...

so ...Alkatraz "No parole for Rock'n Roll" opened the floodgates for everyone to play Neo - Classical shred ...we are still doing it today...well some of us..

Black Sabbath ....Invented Heavy metal in 1969...

then Judas Priest took the ball and ran with it and made it even more metal...in '72 with a singer by the name of Al Atkins then...was replaced by some dude named Rob Halford

Rainbow inspired Lars but gave birth to another metal force ...well more like a metal troll ...an Italian metal troll named Dio ..

NWOBHM did alot of shit ...and in the mix of that crap came Iron Maiden in 1980 ....then some dude names Bruce Bruce (from Samson) was hired as their new front man

but to me the one who INVENTED neo classical shred was Uli Roth ...he was and still is the very best of the bunch ..HANDS DOWN ..He is THE best!!!!

I should know ...I have every shredder known to mankind in my massive CD collection....all of them ...even the ones we forgot all about ..and the ones you haven't even heard of ...

yes I do....because I'm obsessed with GUITAR and those who play the shit of of it!!!

Not long ago I posted my top 100 guitarist of all time ...the only list that counts .....because I know ALL the players involved unlike Rolling Stone and even most people here.. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

as far as bass players... in in '77 some dick by the name Billy Sheehan tried out for Van Halen and almost got the gig but Alex didn't want him to steall any light from his bro...so Talas was born in 1978 and released their first album in 1979 ...the first time Bass was ever heard like that ...ever.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So the most influencial metal players are ...

the almight trinity of frontmen which is ...Halford / Ozzy / Dio..who paved the way for everyone else...even for Bruce Bruce... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

and for shred ...it was Hendrix / EVH / and YJM also know as Lars ...who brought their styles to the masses ...and made shredding cool!!!

if it wasn't for THESE influence , your "favorite" albums probably would of not exist ...these guys set the wheels in motion ...

even the anti-motion like Nirvana in a strage way...

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill did you check out the new Guitar World? It's got a nice little write up on Uli in it...

Comment

Well it's about time Uli gets some props ...the guy is a master , a genius....truly the best guitarist alive today ...without a doubt in my mind whatsoever!!!

Just bought his "metamorphasis" cd ...yngwie is but a nodule on his beanbag ...and that is no lie ...Yngwie and the like are absolutley uncapable to play as articulate and with the feel as this ....it is amazing ..all it is is an album of Vivaldi's four seasons ..and the ability here is nothing short of amazing!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

No I didn't read it ...but now I will ...thanks.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

1-jimi hendrix- axis bold as love
                2-rolling stones-sticky fingers(4 others too)
                3-led zeppelin-physical graffitti
                4-kiss- alive
                5-van halen
                6-ozzy-blizzard and diary
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                X