• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: David Lee Roth looking a bit better nowadays

I'm freaking 'hot for the teacher' [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
      "The world's gone to hell in a handbasket since David Lee Roth left Van Halen!!!" - Bloom County comic strip
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No argument here [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave was 1/2 of Van Halen, like Bill said. You CANNOT have VH without Dave. They were all 4 equally responsible for the sound and the fury, but without Dave's vocals, the guitar isn't as heavy, the bass doesn't thump as hard, and the drums just don't have the same thickness.

Not to mention the songs simply didn't have the fire.
      Artistic Growth is one thing, but totally pussing out is another. And with all the Metallica bashing for doing the same thing....?

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nice summary, Rich! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm a DLR fan mainly from his Van Halen days, I'll still go see him when he's around. I think he sunk his own boat... he's just too damn wierd. If he'd have learned to tone himself down and control himself a little more in general his career would have done so much better after the 80's. Maybe we'd have the old Van Halen back too.

In any case I have no problem with Van Hagar either. They are good at what they do, just a little different type of rock than with Roth.

Comment

wonder if he scored some weed in NYC [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Very nice Rich and NewC ...my thoughts excatly .

I'm my old VH tribute we covered very little Hagar era stuff ..

but we did play and know 40 Van Halen tunes ...

my faves ...were as follows (to Play)

Light up the Sky , On Fire , I'm the one , Atomic Punk , Someone get me a doctor , Hang 'em high , In a simple ryhme , Romeo delight , mean streets the rest were boring to play [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] ...hit's and fillers [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] ...but strippers love shaking their cans to Pretty Women and Jump ...so we did it for them ...because I'm a sweetheart... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The ONLY song I used to like to cover every other weekend from the Hagar era was Judgement Day and that was it .....oh and source of infection off OU812 ...that song was fun as hell to play

Eat 'em and Smile kicked the shit out of anything Van Hagar put out .......Period

Dave was 1/2 VH ...he cracked the whip to keep Ed as a guitar hero....but Ed wanted to sell records and write radio friendly love songs on his casio instead .. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I got sick of playing Hot for teacher , Unchained and panama though ....seriously ill.....ask John ...he was there ...Ill I tell you....and I used to love to listen to those songs!!!

But I do need to correct a mistake..Van Hagar..believe it or not sold a lot more records than DLR era VH , why I don't know ...but it's true

[ April 17, 2004, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That's because the sheep outnumber the wolves, Bill!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

My favorite Van Halen tribute CD is "Little Guitars", funny that it doesn't contain any Sammy songs...
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

There's an interesting interview with DLR here!

Comment

David Lee Roth = My new role model, he is a very smart man.

Comment

Thanks for sharin' Snoogs. That was a great interview. Dave has still got an interesting story to tell for sure!

Comment

Working...
                        X