Stupid Fast Food Cashiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stupid Fast Food Cashiers

> Ever had to patch things up with a customer because a fellow employee did them wrong? A few months ago,a female customer came up to the meat counter in the mom-pop deli/BP station I was working in at the time. I recognized her clearly,and said hello while making a burger for another customer. I started her order while the burger for the first order was cooking. She comes to the end of the counter,and wants to add something,but instead of asking me while I was doing 2 things at once,she asked the young girl that works there to add 5 pounds of Swiss cheese to her order. In my store,the high quality Swiss we have is 8.25 a pound,making 5 pounds just over a 40 dollar sale,plus the whole slab of beef tenderloin like you make filet mignon out of,which in my mind made her our first priority,at least theoretically. It would have only taken 2 minutes to slice,and no problems. This girl is 19 and pure country personified,even to the point of having an obvious crush on her daddy,and her response to this woman went like this. "I'm sorry ma'am,I'm off the clock",and proceeded to walk right past her,and headed straight to the door,15 minutes before she was scheduled to leave. The woman looked at me with this awestruck expression,not believing her request was not honored,and I knew this might get ugly,or at least result in a lost sale and regular well-heeled customer. I didn't have a chance to say anything before she looked at me and said "You know,good help like you must be harder than hell to find now. Tell you what,give me 5 pounds of everything you have,and I want all the steaks you have cut except for this pack here,I'll just get everything from you specifically from now on". That turned this into a 400 dollar meat/cheese order that she now gets once a month. What this girl almost did was ruin a solid business relationship with the wife of the most affluent man in our town,which in turn would cause a boycott of our store by the people that really spend the money,people like her,that come in and order large quantities of fresh cut steaks,lunch meat,cheese,ribs and BBQ for business meetings,family gatherings and holidays. You cut your own throat by pissing off people like that and you can't survive in business. Tommy D.
    "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Working...
    X