Stupid Fast Food Cashiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stupid Fast Food Cashiers

Maybe they are space aliens? Just this morning, I went to Carl's Jr (I had a coupon for their Breakfast Bowl thing). When I order, I ask if they can make sure the bacon is crispy (I always say that at this store, because usually I'll have bacon on a sandwich...and usually it's really soft and gross).

FFC: "Oh, we can't, it's all...uh...mixed together. $2.14"
    Me, hands over 2 one dollar bills: "How is it prepared?"
    FFC: puts hand out for coin, doesn't answer me
    Me: "How is it made, is it pre-made or something?"
    FFC: still reaching for coin (which I'm not releasing), still not answering me. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Me (stares at her)
    FFC: leaves the counter, presumably to ask about Breakfast Bowl preparation methods.
    Me: (cracks jokes about FFCs to other customers in line)
    FFC, returning to register: "We can't! We can't!"
    Me (slightly taken aback, as I was expecting an answer along the lines of 'Yes, it is pre-made and we microwave it'): "You can't what? You can't tell me how it's made?" [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    FFC: "We can't make the bacon....uh...crispy"
    Me, finally releasing the quarter: "OK, it's pre-made then?"
    FFC: (Shakes head yes)
    Customer behind me (laughs derisively)
    Me, in retarded voice, to other customers: "Duhhhh, I just work here!"
    Other customers (laugh and start to share their FFC stories)
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Performance costs.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat re: spitting in fast food:
        Well, I've heard it from friends who once worked fast food; maybe that's why the prep area's in view nowadays!
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here's a (gross) urban legend about alleged fast food contaminants:

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/semen.htm

Comment

Look, if you want made to order shit go to someplace that does that (Whataburger, a REAL restaraunt...). I don't eat onions, tomatoes, pickles, or any of that shit on my burgers. Do I rely on the people behind the counter to make sure it's not on there? Fuck no. I scrape it off myself. There's always someone around that wants more pickles.

Fast food is largely an assembly line process. Henry Ford said it best "You can get it in any color you want... as long as it's black."

Comment

A whole pant-load of fast food urban legends

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

1 or 2 mistakes that's human, if you fuck up my order 4-6 times and it's a really simple order, you're a dumbass that shouldn't have the right to hold a jo b. Plus I used to have a little anger managment
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I work part time in retail anfd can say that 90 percent of the time if something is screwed up with your service, it is not the fault of the person that took your order. Especially at the drive through-actually go inside sometime and listen to the quality of sound coming from the mic outside. THe fact is that McDOnald's would rather give you a free coke (a 5 cent loss) than to spend the money on a decent communication system. People come into my store and get irate if we don't have the fish filter they need-I have no control over the invenntory, or the ordering, I just put goldfish in a bag. The high school kid at the register has no control over the credit card machine being f'd up-the phone company does. It's the price you pay for the convenience of free enterprise. People need to chill out when it comes to stuff like that. OF course, always expect that someone serving you will do it politely and take reasonable steps to remedy any problems. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

"The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy... it's that I just don't care."

Comment

All I want to know is. Have fast food workers passed a fifth grade level math classs? I worked at a Burger King when I was sixteen. When I made change the register didn't tell me how much and I didn't have the luxury of having a calculator at my finger tips. I don't know how many cashiers have given back the wrong amount of change. Messing up my order is one thing but short changing me is another.

Comment

Well I have blown up on counter people before and after i walk out i usually wish i could take it back.Because it usually has more to do with the fact that my boss pissed me off then some little old lady who could not see over the dash cut me off. AAAnd i stepped in a puddle just before i walked in the door.So when the poor little bastard tells me (we are out of pickles)
                      And i explode into an irrational profanity laced tyrade.....IT IS NOT ABOUT THE PICKLES [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

See, that right there is why I couldn't handle dealing with the public - first one to blow his shitty day/life on me gets a fucking earfull in return [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Or a bellowing "I don't GIVE A FUCK, asshole - take your fucking business elsewhere, dick!" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

There's another problem I have with fast food drive-throughs and it has nothing to do with the employees.

Why in hell can't they put a freaking awning over the windows where you order, pay, or pick up???!!!!

Pull up to one of these in a heavy rain sometime and roll your window down. You may as well be standing outside in the open.
                          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

OK i tried to be nice this morning and say that sometimes it is my fault when i yell at them.....then i stopped at wendys for lunch AND THEY FUCKED EVERYTHING UP they deserve what they get......IT IS ABOUT THE FUCKIN PICKLES [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Another true story, just happened the other day.
                              I'm in Jack in the Box, asking about those Pannido things...turns out they were out of turkey....so I say "Ok, I'll just have a medium chocolate shake"
                              FFC: "What number?"
                              Me: "Number?"
                              FFC, in a familiar move, spins around to look at the menu board.
                              Me, stares at her
                              FFC, in yet another familiar move, leaves to go get a manager.
                              Me: "I just want a chocolate shake"
                              Manager, rings it up "I'm so sorry, sir, she's new"
                              Me, laughing: "That's OK, but...what part of 'medium chocolate shake' is hard to understand?" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                                "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy... it's that I just don't care."
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sigh...the story of my life. great movie. what's odd is that i saw this thread for the first time after stopping at jack in the box on the way home. the lady that took my order was the nicest person i've seen in a drive thru in a wicked long time.

sully
                                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X