Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever had Instrument/equip. stolen from gig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ever had Instrument/equip. stolen from gig?

Close call Dana. You got lucky. I have never had anything lifted but I was in a band that did. Some douchebag got a wireless unit that was not secured in a rack. Never to be seen again. Never leave your shit with others to watch if you don't want it lifted... End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
      Did they kick his ass?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I don't think so...not that I remember. I wish they had. That was a close call.

Fbird V...I was in a band in 1983 where we practiced in one of those cinder-block warehouses. You know...there are rows of them. We showed up to practice one day, and somebody had cut the lock off the unit next to ours, and then broke through the cinder-block wall with a sledge-hammer. They stole our drummers brand new Tama double-bass set, and our bass players Peavey set-up, [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] but they left my Marshall stack (the SAME one as in the other incident) All I lost were some cables and 2 Ibanez pedals.
      Dana <~~~
      '85 Rhoads Custom
      '86 SD Str*t
      '86 Model 4 (5)
      '87 Model 1
      '87 Model 6
      '88 Model 3DR
      '90 650 XL
      '94 KE-3
      '97 DR Amberburst
      '97 Dinky BOFlames
      '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

1991: Two month old custom graphiced BC Rich Gunslingers from a club in Tuscon, Az.

1987: Entire practice studio cleaned out in upstate NY. Guitars, basses, amps, drums, PA, even the couch.

Comment

What kind of sick bastard would steal a couch from a rehearsal room? Don't they know what goes on those things? I would be leary of even sitting on one, let alone taking it away from somebody else. Some peoples kids. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

yes, 1974 Marshall JMP MK2, ...very cherished. Never saw it again.

Comment

Fender American Deluxe Strat stolen from gig at "Outer Limits", in Beckley WV... by my sisters b/f at the time.

Never saw it again...

Comment

Fender American Deluxe Strat stolen from gig at "Outer Limits", in Beckley WV... by my sisters b/f at the time.

I was leaving two days earlier than the rest of the "band"... so I had a bus ticket home, as they were staying to party.

her b/f carried my guitar , while I grabbed my backpack, (kind odd, looking back), he sat it down, told em to take it easy, and walked away kinda quickly.

I picked up the case, and literally almost had a heart attack.

He was gone, and him and my sister were going away for the weekend somwhere far away. I didn't know anybody, so I filed a police report and got on the bus. I did so much OC on that bus ride, I had to be helped at my transfer in Ohio.
                By a hot chick nonetheless. Too bad she was 15..and I was like ...16 or 17. The bus driver overheard my story, he was one of those old sanford black guy types, he was all "What the hell would somebody go and do that for?" I almost puked on the young chick that was helping me. She gave me a picture of her, and an email address.

I lost both.
                ...same with the guitar...

Comment

Oops. Sorry about that double post.

Was thinking of keeping it short...then I hit stop.

Comment

Working...
                  X