Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have you guys ever met someone rich as hell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: have you guys ever met someone rich as hell?

My big loss (well, money-wise at least)......

About 5 years ago I met a girl at a New Years party. I was totally baked because I was sure with my social skills it would be a lonely night anyways. So about 11:00 she walks through the door. About 5'6", brunette, thin, beuatiful face and a killer body. There I am, 5'7", balding, stocky and not clean shaven [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm watching my friends fall all over themselves trying to talk to her. Went outside to get a little more numbed up on substances....she followed me. We got to talking (boy was I nervous) and had a really good time. She followed me around the rest of the night and at midnight I got a little kiss. By the end of the night we said goodbye but I forgot to get her number. Turns out a couple of days later one of my female friends says she was dying to get ahold of me. We ended up hooking up and our relationship went from there. About a week into it I discovered that her dad, among many other things, had developed a camera system and lense focusing system for the hubble telescope, and many years prior invented the barcode. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] . [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] . Let me repeat that - [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] . She invited me to her house, in Indian Hill (the part of Cincinnati where all the Reds ball players and big time execs live). So I'm finding out that this sweet , down to earth little girl is a millionaire several times over. Kinda made me wonder what she was doing with a frumpy guy like me. She did drive a new Saab but she told her parents the she wanted some p.o.s to drive (can't remember what exactly). She just didn't act at all like a snobby millionaire. We dated for about a year until that came to an end [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . Got to take her V-card with me, though [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It was a good experience and I did learn alot from it. I hear she made the next Summer Games Olympic Equestrian Team. For several years I really missed her - then I met my wife. Just as poor as me but actually makes me so much happier. I guess looking back on it, money may have had an influence on her personality. I know it had alot to do with the relationship ending - her stuck up brother and mother finally convinced her that she should date someone within the same financial and social league [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

**pictures how many Jacksons I would have had if not for the evil mom.... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] **

Comment

Hey everyone! My first post. I had to jump in here. I give guitar lessons in Tampa, FL. I moved down here about a year ago from Ohio. I worked at a local chain music store in sales, and in walks EDGE!! [Adam Copeland from the WWE]. He was recovering from a broken neck, had about 13 months of free time ahead of him. He bought a Les Paul, and walked out w/ my # for lessons.I have been teaching him for about 8 months now, got to hang out with Metallica w/ him, partied at Mark tremonti's house, and went to Chris Jericho's house for new years eve. This guy is loaded, super-cool, and now has 15 high-end guitars. He just made his return to the ring, and told me he would be the world champ this year. [per Vince]. No Trump, but he is pulling over a mil. per year.

Comment

Being a millionaire isn't quite the achievement it once was. I bet just about everyone here knows or is related to a millionaire. Whether they are aware of it or not is another thing.

Comment

Krista's Grandmother (henceforth named Granny [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) is wealthy as HELL!!

The family farm was valued at like 1 million almost 20 years ago......not to mention all cows/goats etc. they have now (don't laugh, those critters are worth a lot).

Her dad is also quite wealthy (although you wouldn't know it to look at him). Her parents are going through divorce now, dividing property, cash, stocks/bonds etc. and that is adding up to quite a large sum of money also.

Me....my parents have quite a bit of money, thought I don't think they are at millionare status yet....but it isn't my money and I really don't want it [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Wealth is OK to a point, but money can't buy you happiness, it can't make somebody love you, it can't keep a relationship together....it is just nice to have on occassion.

People get too wrapped up in it. We aren't rich by any means, but we pay our bills, have plenty of food, we both get our toys, and we're happy. What could be better than that [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

MY 2nd uncle owns a huge car dealership. he races a Dodge Viper in the GT series. my cousin just bought a 2002 viper off him. It's like the biggest car dealer ship in the midwest. (based in Nebraska) His name is Woodhouse.

Comment

Money doesn't means anything, but it does makes life hell a lot easier with them!

my two cents
              Fong

Comment

Car dealers dont make that much money. If they have a new car on the floorplan for more than a set amount of days...they have to pay for them....and the prices arent jacked up as much as you think. Maybe 3000 if that. Its strange, if a dealer doesnt sell the set amount of cars per month, they are limited to how many and what kind they can order. Dealers will also push used cars more than new ones for 1 reason....commission....at my dealership, the sales guys make 100 commission on new ones and up to a couple thousand for used ones....next time your in the market for a new car...go used and help these guys out!!!

Comment

well he is a millionaire. that's all I know.

Comment

i own a harley, 4 charvels, (all paid in full) just bought a new house, have a 12 yr marrage that that is still fresh and enjoyable, both of my kids enjoy music and bikes so they want to spend time with me.
                    i would say i am rich.

Comment

Hey chooper,

I'm with ya bro!

But the real reason for my post is....

Post a pic of the fuggin Harley already!

Pat

Comment

Pat! You're alive! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hey, why don't YOU post some of yours while you're at it.... NEW THREAD TIME!

Comment

I'm rich. I drive a 1991 Nissan truck and have credit card debt to the tune of $25,000.00.

BUT.... I have a wife and two beautiful boys who love me. So, relatively speaking, I'm rich and I wouldn't trade what I have for anything on this planet.

(I even manage to own a Jackson or two!)
                          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

About 10 years ago I was working as a maintenance person for a Holiday Inn in Shawnee, OK. I was asked to help a lady out with her luggage. I did, she was elderly, seemed very nice, was waiting on a ride, so I waited with her to help load her luggage in the car that was picking her up. We spent about 10 minutes together, her ride showed up, I loaded her luggage, and she was gone. Everyone asked me "was she nice?" "What was it like talking to her?" and I said WHO?? It turns out, it was Helen Gurley Brown, the editor in chief at the time of Cosmopolitan Magazine. Her sister lived in Shawnee. So every time after that when she came back to visit, she insisted on visiting with me. So I stopped by even if it was my day off. We became fast friends. Little did I know that her husband, David Brown...is a movie producer. He did Jaws, Jaws 2, Deep Impact, Kiss the Girls, Angelas Ashes, and SEVERAL more. Needless to say they are multi-millionaires, possibly billionaries. But they are 2 of the sweetest people I have ever met. And it was all by chance.
                            Just sharing my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Strangletooth:
                              Hey chooper,

I'm with ya bro!

But the real reason for my post is....

Post a pic of the fuggin Harley already!

Pat
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">will try to get some pix posted this weekend, i have a couple around here from a while back. right now its 75% of the way back together after yet another rebuild/repaint. nuttin special just an old school '58 sporty chopper rigid frame built in my back yard.what does make it special is that every nut and bolt on it has been turned by me at one time or another. when i get pix i will post a new thread about it...if the wife can get me to stop movin on it long enough to take a pic [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X