Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Condoleezza Rice Testimony

Originally posted by Snoogans:
    However, I do have this one question - What kind of name is Condoleezza???
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Her name is derived from an Italian musical term - Con Dolcezza, which means "with sweetness".
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
      I guess you're right, I really wasn't thinking about it in that sense... but hey, if a filthy rich woman wanted to marry you, would you honesly turn her down??
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would. Because I'm not a sellout, man. I'm all about keeping it real, yo!
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Snoogans:
        However, I do have this one question - What kind of name is Condoleezza???
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Her name is derived from an Italian musical term - Con Dolcezza, which means "with sweetness". </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what they say NOW, but her folks had modest ambitions for her; they just wanted her to grow up to be a high-end rental agent! A Condo Leezza! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Ba dum PSSHHH! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Rich [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Exactly what I thought when I first heard her name [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] "What, like she's leasing a Condo!?" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, none of those fucks in Congress OR the Democratic Party have the right to b!tch about Bush's handling of Al Qaeda, 9/11, or Iraq. The CIA had Bin Laden IN CUSTODY soon after the '93 WTC bombing, and Clintoff gave the order to let the mutha fucka go. There may or may not have been sufficient evidence to link that attack to him but when you catch the man at the top of ANY terrorist organization, you DO NOT let him go.

Kerry's a pussy - his "big war hero moment" was that he JUMPED SHIP when his Patrol boat came under fire, then swam over to kill the guy AFTER the guys on the boat took him out. I'd bet my balls that he bailed into the water as soon as the shooting started, and when it was over his C.O. told him to go make sure he was dead or he'd shoot him for deserting his post.
          I'da shot the fuck in the water anyway.
          Then of course he sided with the Commies to protest the war. I don't want another pinko-pussy for President - I want a self-made millioinaire who ain't afraid to kill someone or invade another country just for shits and giggles.

Bush did everything right concerning the September 11th attacks - he got the CIA and FBI under ONE FUCKING ROOF and made them FINALLY share information, which is what they shoulda been doing all along instead of working against each other, and he didn't hesitate to ask Congress to declare war.

You know there'll be a similar hearing after this about the war in Iraq - stupid fucks haven't figured out yet that Saddam moved all the WMDs to Syria, France, or Germany, and that we need to own land in that region to keep the fucking turds in their own houses so they stay out of ours.
          As for the shit going on in Iraq right now with the little splinter groups popping up and kidnapping people, I'd start mowing down city after city and oppress those ignorant fucks like they have never ever thought possible. I'd set them back to Day 2 and say "fuck up once more, and you go back to the Dawn of Creation". First one to raise a stink about it would get shot - no matter if it was a CNN reporter or the Pope.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc- how come your so mean? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

dont you know the golden rule?

Comment

I don't wanna try and start shit, but Newc, you should go try out for the Colts to take Peyton Manning's place...I've never known someone to be as much of a Monday Morning Quarterback than you. Give it a rest!

Comment

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] to Newc! I couldn't have said it bettter myself! And I have been known to go off on a rant on occasion!

Comment

Newc, I'm with ya other than the shooting the Pope part. The CNN reporter, sure!
                  [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Boxcar, I was as idealistic as you are when I was your age, but I've learned that the world is a brutal place and that most people in it dn't like us no matter what we do. I realize that the college environment is liberal and self-loathes America for our perceived sins in the world. All those foreign critics have done much worse when they had the chance,
                  and would do so again given the power.

We are altruistic when graded on a curve - aren't curves PC so no one feels dumb?
                  - of the world's nations and the evil they have done. We spend vast amounts of money to help other nations when the US is not yet paradise for its own people.
                  We could have universal healthcare if not for foreign aid. Since I am likely to die of that lack within the next 10 years
                  I take that personally, but still, if we were appreciated for what we do for the world, I could live with a life expectancy of 55 instead of 75 like everybody else. Instead we're reviled by nations that we have rebuilt from the ground up, and by nations who are no longer colonies because WE, at WWII's end, urged their imperial owners to free them. That list includes Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Libya, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Yemen, UAE, Bahrain, Pakistan, India, Myanmar,
                  Malaysia, and Indonesia. In other words
                  the Muslim world except for Iran was owned by Britain, France, and he Netherlands until we told 'em to let go.
                  Why are WE the great Satan when we argued for their independence? I don't get it.

Human nature in most of the world is to do unto others BEFORE they do unto you.
                  It's a shame, but that's the world as it is, and it laughs at us for our compassion, seeing that as weakness. So we have to shake off that weakness and rid Iraq, then whichever other places need it next, of the terrorist problem.
                  This is for the good of the entire planet, but it's like giving castor oil to a kid; they ain't gonna like their medicine.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Boxcar, I was as idealistic as you are when I was your age, but I've learned that the world is a brutal place and that most people in it dn't like us no matter what we do. I realize that the college environment is liberal and self-loathes America for our perceived sins in the world. All those foreign critics have done much worse when they had the chance,
                    and would do so again given the power.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What does this have to do with me being tired of hearing people go "Oh I'd do this and I'd do that blah blah blah" on a fuckin internet message board? When I was in high school I got tired of this shit too. Everyone needs to give it a fuckin rest already!

Comment

Hey, the boards go on and on Willie, when you don't want to read it, then don't.
                      Everybody feels at some time like you feel today. So should everybody shut up all the time since it might bother ONE person?

People express their opinions; that's life.

[ April 11, 2004, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The problem with Newc's political arguments are that his facts are so loose or based solely on assumption that it completely ruins his credibility. Not in all cases, but in this case and definitely a few times in the past. I like reading people opinions, in fact I even agree with one of Newcs points on there, but if you're going to try to write out a factual argument like that... its just not going to work. When Lerxst argues, he'll throw in actual facts, and then his opinions, so even if someone completely disagrees, he's still got credibility.

Comment

I agree with absolutely everything Newc said. I could back up what he said with facts but whats the point. I hate typing out a shit load of facts and still the person I'm trying to convince won't believe. It's useless. I give my opinion and that's it anymore. Apparently most people are a bunch of liberal candy asses, so i say fuck it! Hopefully they learn from their mistakes! If not they'll run this country into the ground! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

then don't waste time with idiots.. if you give facts and they turn a blind eye, thats their problem. I'm not talking about opinions anyway, or whether I agree or disagree, I'm talking about credibility with these issues.

Comment

Newc is pretty much right on the money with his facts.

Comment

I agree with NEWC on page 1. The one thing that bothers me the most when watching douche bags like Chris Mathews is this. It is very easy to be judgemental about an issue in hine-site. To say I would do this-this way after the fact is senseless. I think President Bush is doing a great job. He has been bold, decisive, and has acted like a great leader throughout all of this. When Bush became President, the government had huge hurtles in place that made investigating, acting on, or even communicating within our own government a long and dragged out process. This PDB that everyone is talking about is useless. Why doesn't the press report the fact that even if the President wanted to do something about the brief, he would have been in political limbo for no less than 1 year to get all the politicians to approve action. The attacks of 9/11 were so unpresidented, that it really was a shock to all of us. There was only a hand full of people that knew this attack was coming, and Americans were not among them. The Bush administration was in office for a few months when this all came down. The planning for the 9/11 attacks, as well as 98% of all the training for the 9/11 attacks were done on the Democrats watch. I can go on and on, but all I have to say is "Fuck the Democrats!"
                                1990 Jackson Professional
                                1992 Dean ML
                                2004 Epiphone Flying V
                                2005 Epiphone Dot
                                2009 Fender Stratocaster
                                2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                                2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                                2006 Fender P Bass
                                2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                                1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                                1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                                Custom Pedalboard