No Jerry, yes BRMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No Jerry, yes BRMC

Actually knowing why might be a good thing. Gives you an idea of what to avoid doing.

Ignorance may be bliss, but in this case it prevents you from getting a leg up on the situation.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

They use old guitars dude...be careful!!

Comment

Might be better to ask for a "do and don't" list to get that info, than ask why they dropped the other guy. They might just say "nunya" and let you go before you start.

He's not joining for a yearlong tour, it's short-term. Worst-case scenario is
        he may need to set aside planefare to get home if they dump him on the road for some reason.

Of course if it turned out he could've got the Jerry gig, then these guys stiffed him out on the road, well, that really would suck.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
          They use old guitars dude...be careful!!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the warning dude, but I'm sure I'll be OK. I work with $2000+ instruments every day, no sweat. Every guitar I touch I try and leave in better condition than before. I haven't asked why the old guy is leaving, but I had a long talk with their old guitar tech, who they really like but is with Gavin Rosdale(Bush) now. He told me all about the 4 amp 2 pedalboard and rack rig that I will be dealing with. 4 different tunings, I do all the rack switching on the fly, etc. It's supposed to be one of the toughest tech gigs out there, but the money is good and I know that I can pull this off no sweat and I will come out that much better and with a good rep after doing this. If I could make it 4 years in the USMC infantry and come out on top of the heap, then 3 weeks with a band from San Fran should be no sweat.

Comment

Sounds like a great challenge! If you're doing the switching then in effect you'll
            learn the material and be playing along!
            That sounds much more interesting than just solving tech problems and making repairs between shows.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X