And many more!

Comment

• Cannibal Corpse-Scourge of Iron

Comment

• MAN MUST DIE - This Day Is Black:

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard W View Post
            MAN MUST DIE - This Day Is Black:

Wow, that's pretty decent. I just bought Human Condition and No tolerance... thanks!
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• Rush - Clockwork Angels
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                Wow, that's pretty decent.
                Yeah kinda, it sounds good, drummer is killer. A bit unfocused, or going by that track nothing especially stands out, it sounds like there's probably some good stuff to be found in there.
                I think i can get my fix for this with some good old Cryptopsy though, i'd personally be hard pressed to say anyone does it better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trem View Post
                  Yeah kinda, it sounds good, drummer is killer. A bit unfocused, or going by that track nothing especially stands out, it sounds like there's probably some good stuff to be found in there.
                  Yeah, it sounded like something I would like so I just went on the limb and purchased them. Technical Death is probably one of the least liked/supported genres... it's basically just music for musicians really. So when I hear stuff I like I usually buy it.

I think i can get my fix for this with some good old Cryptopsy though, i'd personally be hard pressed to say anyone does it better.
                  Yeah, I can't say anyone does it better. I can think of a few bands doing "just as good", imo. Cyptopsy, Suffocation, Immolation, Spawn of Possession... and a few others... are definitely on my short list of favorites.

Comment

Wow, that's pretty decent. I just bought Human Condition and No tolerance... thanks!
                    You got it man!

Comment

I can think of a few bands doing "just as good", imo. Cyptopsy, Suffocation, Immolation, Spawn of Possession... and a few others... are definitely on my short list of favorites.
                      Heh, it's funny you added those exact bands, as i almost added those same ones into my post as well...except i haven't heard Spawn of Possession i don't think, heard of them, maybe i should check em out - assumed they are in the vein of Immolation...
                      Last edited by Trem; 08-03-2012, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trem View Post
                        Heh, it's funny you added those exact bands, as i almost added those same ones into my post as well...except i haven't heard Spawn of Possession i don't think, heard of them, maybe i should check em out - assumed they are in the vein of Immolation...
                        Dude... You're in for a treat. They would comfortably fit on the shelf right between any of the bands I mentioned. Amazingly technical. Requirement of being in the band? Living at their practice house. If you can't offer that kind of commitment to music, you're not in... Also, it may take a few listenings to sink in.

This is their newest album, I just picked it because it was the first one to come up. I could have easily picked any of their albums.

Now listening to....

A new Gorguts (well it's a year old, but new to me) song :O

Last edited by xenophobe; 08-03-2012, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Deep Purple - Burn

Comment

• Frank Zappa- Joe's Garage
                            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

• Jammed to some Joe's Garage & Sheik from Zappa today myself. Now on to the new Testament, which is awesome btw!!

Comment

• Also listening to the new Testament. So far I'm liking it more overall than Formation of Damnation. I'm a huge Skolnick fan, and he seems to have really pushed himself more on this one than he did on Formation, where I felt he stuck to one flavor a bit. Hoglan kills as expected in his machine-like way, but call me crazy, I can't help but wonder how Bostaph would've handled some of these songs. So far, my favorite tune (and solo) is Throne of Thorns.

edit- They've been pulling things down pretty quick, but these tracks are still up on youtube as of now:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Louiza379
                                Last edited by dg; 08-05-2012, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X