• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: what are you listening to???

[ QUOTE ]
    kev's on the net? sweet! kevhead.com?

currently listening to peter murphy - let me love you

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">that's kinda funny, I was just listening to "cuts you up" a little while ago. </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Next Friday's webcast will be with Mancow. The speculation is that they're both gonna blast Steve Dahl.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's so many things wrong with that scenario.... steve rules, and mancow blows baby penguins, and kev never did anything but slam him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I hear ya. Chicago radio anymore seems to be like professional wrestling, they play up some sort of drama and talk all sorts of smack, but in the background they're buddy buddy. When Kev left 'CKG, Mancow blasted Dahl and Robert Feder (Chicago Sun-Times media reporter) in a letter that Feder printed. Kev has announced that he and Mancow got to know each other because when he left, Mancow was one of only a few folks who reached out. (Howard Stern being another) Mancow announced that he really had no problem with Kevin, but at one point in time they were competing against each other and that's what the audience wanted to hear.

I gotta say though, Dahl has really not been anything special since he and Garry Meier split up. Whenever I listen to Dahl's show it is like a 5-hour-long b*tchfest with Buzz (Newsman/Bluesman) Killman and Wendy Snyder playing yes-people.

What I think Chicago radio needs is the return of the killer Loop lineup of the early-mid 90s. Brandmeier in the mornings, Kev - Talkmess middays, and Danny Bonaduce in afternoon drive. But, that's just my opinion.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Loudness - Thunder In The East

Comment

• Re:

Metallica - Seattle 89 (full DVD show)

On my periodic watching of Seattle again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Gonna put it Demigod after this show.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Haji's Kitchen - S/T

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Occupy JCF

Comment

haji's kitchen...kicks ass IMO

not too many know of this album..

Right now listening to Conception "In your multitude" ...Tore Otsby is one amazing player...one of my faves..he's also in ARK , and DC Cooper ..he's a mix of Uli and Ronnie LeTekro..

and Khan (Kamelot , Conception) is a hell of a singer ..great stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Right now listening to Conception "In your multitude" ...Tore Otsby is one amazing player...one of my faves..he's also in ARK , and DC Cooper ..he's a mix of Uli and Ronnie LeTekro..

and Khan (Kamelot , Conception) is a hell of a singer ..great stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had this album for years. I love it. As the promos claim, they're a blend of Alice in Chains meets Racer X. I just ordered Suckerpunch. It has taken me all too long to order it.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

yeah man..I love it...I haven't put on in a while...but that is some great stuff with some awesome solos..

That album is out of print...you're best bet is EBay I guess..well worth investigating.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    yeah man..I love it...I haven't put on in a while...but that is some great stuff with some awesome solos..

That album is out of print...you're best bet is EBay I guess..well worth investigating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazon, they seem to have some new, but I picked up a used one.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had this album for years. I love it. As the promos claim, they're a blend of Alice in Chains meets Racer X. I just ordered Suckerpunch. It has taken me all too long to order it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Suckerpunch and the music is but different from the S/T Album.

Tekky, you should check Bands like Masterplan.
                      The latest is "Aeronactis".
                      Also Jorn Lande's solo albums like "Worldchanger from 2001.
                      Jorn Lande is the singer of Masterplan and I think he is one of the best singers from Europe.
                      Great European Melodic Hard Rock.
                      Great CDs.

Comment

But Joey Tempest is the singer from Europe. I don't think he's been replaced, I don't think he can ever be replaced!!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Jorn Lande is one of the singers that Yngwie couldn't get along with isn't he? I'll have to check them out. I was just talking to someone today that my CD Collection has become somewhat stale as of late.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          But Joey Tempest is the singer from Europe. I don't think he's been replaced, I don't think he can ever be replaced!!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Jorn Lande is one of the singers that Yngwie couldn't get along with isn't he? I'll have to check them out. I was just talking to someone today that my CD Collection has become somewhat stale as of late.

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH!
                          Not the band "Europe".. I meant the whole Europe..
                          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yea, Jorn Lande was on tour with Yngwie and left quickly becauss Jorn said Yngwie didn't pay him as promised.
                          VERY cool singer though.
                          Another melodic Band I'd recommend is Last Autumn's Dream.
                          They have 2 CDs out and the latest one just came out couple months ago(in Europe?).
                          The guitarist is from Fair Warnings and couple of members from Europe(The band name..).
                          [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

nin - sin
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

revolting cocks - beers, steers, and queers
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll