X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch-o-matic guitar stand

I want this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Catch-o-Mat.../dp/B001L8NFIY

I need help finding a couple of them, please.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

3 legs does not equal "impossible to tip over"

***a closer look at some other images shows that they have 4 legs
    Last edited by pianoguyy; 05-02-2017, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Wouldn't that be top heavy with the guitar that far up from the ground? I like the idea of getting the guitar up from the floor, though.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

That looks like it would tip over real easy. Not recommended for club use.

Comment

I've got one, and it's great for when you are pissed up and come home, give the neighbours a rousing rendition of "Smoke On The Water" and lob your guitar across the room - although it obviously doesn't catch it, you can get away with being slightly less precise than a normal stand.
          What the photo on that link doesn't show you is that it's sprung - the weight of the guitar pushes the bottom support downwards, so it ends up about as far off the ground as a normal stand. As it moves down, the top arms also move down and hold the guitar in place. You'd have to really go some to knock it over forwards, it's way safer than a normal stand.

Sadly, Wilksy-baby, they stopped making them about 15 years ago, so best of luck finding one, let alone two. If you do have any luck, if someone's bought the design and making them again, let me know, I'd love more.
          Last edited by Rsmacker; 05-04-2017, 02:55 PM.
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Interesting. That type of mechanism did cross my mind, but I'd never have guessed it'd drop that close to the ground. Neat.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
            X