Norinco 1911A1 refinish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norinco 1911A1 refinish

I picked up a Norinco 1911A1 a few weeks ago for what I thought was a good price ($371.00 out the door). It had a pretty thin finish, but an excellent bore. It was your typical carried a lot, but fired very little pistol. I had refinished a couple of Argentine Colt and Sistema 1911A1 imports back in 2012. In the back of my head when I buy it I'm already thinking rebluing it.

Here's a thread to the Argentine imports from 2012 that SARCO sold, and a bunch of us refinished on the 1911 forum if anyone is interested in the backstory about how I learned to do this.

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=382492

Last week I sanded the original finish off gradually with 120, 240, and 400 grit sandpaper. Then I cleaned and degreased throroughly, and started the rust bluing (black oxide) refinishing process. It took me three evenings to complete. The most time consuming part is polishing all the individual small parts. I'll also post a picture of all three of the 1911A1's I've refinished at the end of the pictures.

Those Norinco 1911's were amazing. Really accurate reproductions and high quality steel. Most of those were cut up to make race guns. You don't see them around very much anymore. Nice score!
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I picked up a really nice early Norinco 1911 for $325 and flipped it to a dealer friend for $450 the next day.
      It was a very low serial number too IIRC it was 100065.
      The guy was going to build a race gun out of it.

Nice refinishes well done.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
      X