Tampa tourism??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tampa tourism??

I am going to be in Tampa/St. Petersburg this weekend, not my usual Miami or Daytona. AND, I am scheduled for Friday afternoon and Monday, which means I have the weekend free.
    So, I am in a new town, with an unusual amount of time to kill...

Who is gigging where?
    And if there are no cool shows happening, where are the "Jersey Shore" type of clubs. I am not a "sit down and drink" kind of guy. Sipping fancy brews while wearing tight vests doesn't interest me. Bring on the "Girls Gone Wild" places.

My band "Demented Truth" is playing Saturday night with a Savatage Tribute band. Here's the info if you are interested:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1867829940117366/

I'll check back in case you aren't a FB user.

As far as the "Girls Gone Wild" places, couldn't tell you. Stopped doing that YEARS ago, lol.....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

You might check with Dean Guitars. They give tours of their Tampa home office and custom shop.

Comment

Does the Dean office/shop also have girls [gone wild] like in their old print ads?

Comment

The mood around here has been a bit somber since Dean owner Elliot Rubenstein died the other day. He was very well loved and active in the local music scene going back to the Thoroughbred Music days.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
            The mood around here has been a bit somber since Dean owner Elliot Rubenstein died the other day. He was very well loved and active in the local music scene going back to the Thoroughbred Music days.
            Whoa what ??????????????? I haven't read about this anywhere. Elliott wasn't that old. What did he die from ?

Comment

Cancer/brain tumor. Apparently he had been sick for a while. He passed Sunday night/Monday morninng from what I heard.
              Last edited by markD; 02-08-2017, 02:10 PM. Reason: for accuracy
              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Not sure if you are into art but the Salvador Dali museum is in that area. I did not venture far from St. Pete beach but I got to see some talented acoustic players at the hotel bar.

Comment

I am not talking about the nudie bars. I just meant the hopping places. I mean, I can sit down and discuss the social evils of the world at home - and I wouldn't even need to put pants on. Why get dolled up and pay money to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                    I am not talking about the nudie bars.
                    Hahaha, I wasn't either. Hmmm, I guess the place I remember where hot chicks are and dudes are douchie (and that's still around) is Shepards on Clearwater Beach. That place is filled with college aged chicks all the time - or at least that's how I remember it.

Here's a link:

http://www.shephards.com/entertainment-en.html
                    GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
                    X