Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Added a couple more milsurp rifles to the collection this week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added a couple more milsurp rifles to the collection this week.

I added a 5.8 million Springfield M1 Garand, and a 1942 BSA No 4 Mk 1 Enfield to the collection this week.

I have a couple of other Garand's, but this is my first one with a birch stock. The muzzle and throat readings on it are excellent, and it should make a real nice shooter. The Enfield was sporterized, but only the wood was cut so I was able to put it back to its former glory. I really enjoy tinkering and saving sporterized milsurp rifles.

Very nice good score on the Garand.
    Love the Enfields too I know where a few #5 jungle carbines dated late 40's 2 are birch stocks and one is about a 60% flame maple stock.
    I am seeing 303 ammo popping up here and there too.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I miss the days when surplus .303 and 7.92X57 ammo was plentiful and cheap. I should have bought a ton more when I had the chance.

Comment

I miss the days when you could pick up 303 Enfields for $69.00. New un issued full of cosmoline wrapped in British newspapers.

Comment

I miss the days of the $100.00 SKS and the $200.00 AK.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
            I miss the days of the $100.00 SKS and the $200.00 AK.
            Yeah I hear SKS prices are through the roof down there in the US. I just picked one up a few weeks back for $229 Canadian which is about $175 US? I'm seriously considering grabbing another one to do a tactical build. I don't have the heart to do it to the one I got because it's a 1950 Tula. Not really anything ultra special since it has been refurbed once, but it is still a matching numbers (except for the magazine) early Russian model.

I would love to pick up a nice unmolested Enfield.

Last edited by zeegler; 02-06-2017, 07:36 AM.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I really need to pick up an SKS. Haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. If only Trump would undo George Bush the 1st's ban on Chinese imports... I'd like to have a Norinco 1911A1 too.

Comment

Nice rifle Zeegler
                SKS's are very good rifles I have had Russian,Yugo,Chinese,Romanian all have been great guns.
                I bedded the action to the stock on one to see if it improved accuracy and it worked. Took a 7 MOA gun down to 3 MOA at 100 yards.
                You can do a lot to them and they go bang every time.
                I really should get another one.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  Nice rifle Zeegler
                  SKS's are very good rifles I have had Russian,Yugo,Chinese,Romanian all have been great guns.
                  I bedded the action to the stock on one to see if it improved accuracy and it worked. Took a 7 MOA gun down to 3 MOA at 100 yards.
                  You can do a lot to them and they go bang every time.
                  I really should get another one.
                  Thanks Stray. I briefly considered bedding mine, but for two reasons. First, the receiver already seems to be seated extremely well in the stock and doesn't wiggle around at all. Secondly, embarrassingly enough, I haven't even put a round through it yet. I plan on getting out to the range, but it has been very cold, and I was sick for a couple of weeks before that. I'll definitely be getting out there soon because I just bought myself another fun little toy for target shooting.

It's a Savage Mark II BTVSS with a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire scope.

Comment

Ooooo that one looks awesome.
                    I looked at a few SKS's last Saturday and found a stamped receiver Chinese one.
                    I was looking it over and saw rivets like you would see on an AK only smaller. First one of those I have ever seen.

Comment

I haven't seen a Chinese one close up. One of our local Canadian Tire stores has some Chinese ones in stock as well as the usual Russian ones. I think given the choice I'd get a Russian one over Chinese since they have a milled receiver.

Comment

I have had a lot of milled Chinese ones and never had any idea they even made a stamped receiver SKS.
                        I do like the Russian and Romanian ones best.

Comment

Working...
                        X