Any other 7.62x54r fans on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other 7.62x54r fans on here?

Personally, I love that round. I have a BUNCH of Mosins, and having those just made me want to get a semiautomatic that'd fire this round. Mainly because I I have crates of the stuff and didn't want to clog up the works with a different caliber.
    I did my research, and there really aren't TOO many readily available weapons that take this.
    Can't afford a PSL...so that's out.
    Would LOVE get a Dragunov, but again, price.
    Not a semi, but a lever action Mosin would rock HARD.
    But very tough to find and yet again...price.
    So, I got myself a Vepr a while back.
    WHAT A FUN RIFLE!!
    Back to my original question though.
    Any other fans on here?
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

I like the round myself too. I'd love to pick up a Romanian PSL-54C or a Dragunov variant like a Izhevsk Tigr. For someone who isn't focused on Mosin's in my collection, I have more than I thought I would (six). I enjoy shooting them, but my favorite is the M44 just because of the fireball. I've actually seen one of the Winchester lever actions made for the Russians in 7.62x54r. It was wayyyyy out of my price range, and I'm not a cowboy action fan myself. I looked at it because of the historical factor, but it's something I'd never add to my collection unless I found one I could buy one stupid cheap. I do have a Finn capture New England Westinghouse Mosin, and it's one of my favorites because of the history behind it.

I really like the Tokarev round too. It's a bad ass round.

Comment

I've BIP'd so many PKMs over the years, I'm sure the 54R fanclub would want me swinging from a short rope.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
        I've BIP'd so many PKMs over the years, I'm sure the 54R fanclub would want me swinging from a short rope.
        Ok, my Google Fu is failing me. What does BIP mean? Does it mean destroy like destroying an ammo cache?

Comment

Blow in place.

We would destroy weapons and ammo recovered from dead Taliban.

Comment

At one point in time, I owned 47 Mosin Nagant rifles. I had Finnish, Russian, Chinese, and even US military marked rifles. 91's, 91-30's, PU snipers, Fin M26,M27, M28, M28-30, and M91's. Even had a Chinese Type 53 that wasn't beat to hell!

In addition, I've had eight SVT-40 rifles, six Russian and two Finn captured. I'm down to two of them now, though and about 4-5 Mosin Nagants. Living in NC made it really easy to get the Mosin bug...Roses department store sold thousands of surplus Mosin Nagano rifles, both Russian and Finnish, in the 90's and early 2000's, at prices as low as $29.99. As a result, gun shows and pawn shops overflowed with cheap surplus rifles, until they got wise...they started checking the internet pages and saw what collectors were paying for these "junk" rifles! Up until 2005 or so, you could still buy Finn rifles in NC for under $100.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePitbullofLove View Post
              At one point in time, I owned 47 Mosin Nagant rifles. I had Finnish, Russian, Chinese, and even US military marked rifles. 91's, 91-30's, PU snipers, Fin M26,M27, M28, M28-30, and M91's. Even had a Chinese Type 53 that wasn't beat to hell!

In addition, I've had eight SVT-40 rifles, six Russian and two Finn captured. I'm down to two of them now, though and about 4-5 Mosin Nagants. Living in NC made it really easy to get the Mosin bug...Roses department store sold thousands of surplus Mosin Nagano rifles, both Russian and Finnish, in the 90's and early 2000's, at prices as low as $29.99. As a result, gun shows and pawn shops overflowed with cheap surplus rifles, until they got wise...they started checking the internet pages and saw what collectors were paying for these "junk" rifles! Up until 2005 or so, you could still buy Finn rifles in NC for under $100.
              I remember the Rose's store here having all kinds of milsurps in the 90's. I wish I would have spent the money I spent on booze and tramps on guns back then when I was in college and had money to blow. I'd be sitting on a gold mine.

Originally posted by DRM View Post
              Blow in place.

We would destroy weapons and ammo recovered from dead Taliban.
              I figured it had something to do with destroying weapons and ammunition caches.

Comment

Rose's is where I picked up several sweet un issued 303 British Enfield Mark IIIs and one Mark 5 jungle carbine when they were in the $89.00 range
                I too love the 7.62X 54r and have had a few Mosin rifles.
                I have a Romanian SSG 97 PSL and I love shooting it but its hard on the shoulder after 50 rounds.
                http://s247.photobucket.com/user/sca...0x334.jpg.html
                Last edited by straycat; 01-12-2017, 08:03 PM.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePitbullofLove View Post
                  Hey same here. I forget how many it was 40 something though. I had pretty much every variant of m44, close to 20 of them... Including an E.German stamped... had a probably 6 or 7 various M38s... I had both factory M44's and M38's as well as cut downs. Didn't have any Fins, but I did have a dead mint New England Westinghouse. Had a few Type 53s too.

Also owned a Norinco NDM-86 and one of the first batch PSLs.

I actually don't have anything that shoots 7.62x54r anymore, but I still have probably close to 1k rounds left.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Wish I still had the Norinco NDM 86 I had. They are in the 4-5K range right now.
                    I traded it for an Poly Tech 84S AK and a Gibson USA Ace Frehley Les Paul.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Mmmmm...NDM-86! I kick myself for not buying one from CDNN back in the early 200's!

Comment

Kinda wishing I had kept it... I was worried about shooting the barrel out though. lol

Comment

I have an old Mosin. The thing is abusive to shoot, great fun. Much prefer my FAL though.

Comment

I've never owned a 7.62x54r, but I sure wish I could go back to the 90's and buy a truck load of SKS's for $100.00 or less a pop.
                            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                              I've never owned a 7.62x54r, but I sure wish I could go back to the 90's and buy a truck load of SKS's for $100.00 or less a pop.
                              Chinese were like $49. Russian $79 for wood, $89 for laminated stock.

1440 round cases were $79.

The good ol days...

Comment

Working...
                              X