Sbr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sbr

After 8 months of waiting my form 1 approval came in and I have my tax stamp for my SBR.
    So took off a few parts and added others and this is how it is configured at present.
    Seems I can't post attachments so PB is all I have.

http://s247.photobucket.com/user/scat52/media/014_1.jpg.html

Last edited by straycat; 12-20-2016, 02:23 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Very nice. You can display the image from PB (which I did below)

Been tempted to build a SBR with one of the lowers I have but just been not sure about the process and rules.

Comment

Very nice. I've considered making one of my Zastava M92 PAP pistols into an SBR, but.....

1. I'm not patient enough to wait on the stamp.

2. You can't cross state lines with one unless you first get permission from "mommy" (the ATF) and that can take months.

3. It adds your name to another government "list."

So, mine will remain as pistols and I'm fine with that. I do really hope, however, that the totally stupid SBR laws are done away with under Trump.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I hope Trump can do something about the NFA rules.
        I formed a gun trust back in May of this year before a rules change and possible worse changes when and if Democrats got into office.
        Pretty simple really, find a gun trust attorney file the papers then go online to ATF.gov and fill out a form 1.
        The total time to fill out the online form was 20 mins or so. Very simple and easy form to fill out.
        That was the only way I could do it in my area because the local CLEO won't sign off on NFA weapons.
        It was an old Colt XM177 upper I had configured as a pistol so 11 1/2 in barrel.
        Had an old Tac Con 3MR trigger in a box so that went in there. The overall length is 26 inches and very nimble which is what I wanted.
        Last edited by straycat; 12-20-2016, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          I hope Trump can do something about the NFA rules.
          Definitely. This is what passes as "logic" to some people.

It's illegal to saw the barrel off of a shotgun, supposedly because that makes it more concealable. Meanwhile, it's illegal to add a stock to an AR or AK pistol because that makes it LESS concealable.

It's legal to add a "stabilizing brace" to an AR or AK pistol, BUT YOU HAD BETTER NOT GET CAUGHT PUTTING IT UP TO YOUR SHOULDER BECAUSE THAT WILL BE THE END OF THE UNIVERSE AS WE KNOW IT!!!!

Paying $200.00 for a tax stamp somehow magically makes it safe to add a stock to a pistol, even though, if anything, the stock makes it safer because it's more stable with one.

So yeah, these insane laws need to go away.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Photobucket must be on the fritz again as I can't get the picture to load. If it's the one that Aso posted that's a kick ass old school look! Congrats on the SBR. I passed on doing a trust and SBR'ing mine for all the reasons that Powertube mentioned.

Comment

Razor the pic that Aso posted is mine he was awesome for posting it.
              I thought the paperwork would be hard but its super easy,the wait time sucks but thats how it goes.
              8 months seems to be par for the course.
              Suppressors seem to take 3 to 4 months but that is one thing they say will end up coming off the NFA list soon as it should.
              Just be a 4473 and take it home.
              Last edited by straycat; 12-20-2016, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Grats!

Suppressors were taking 8-10 months last time I saw on arfcom. I'm moving to Nv so I hope suppressors are decriminalized. Standard 4473 transfer will be amazing. I just hope Congress is ready to send it to Trumps desk soon.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I would love to have a suppressor for my Glock 19 and one to fit my AR's and Robinson M96 so I do hope they rule on that soon.

Comment

You'll be hearing more about the HPA around early March if what having my ear to the ground tells me is accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                      You'll be hearing more about the HPA around early March if what having my ear to the ground tells me is accurate.
                      I'd love to see the HPA passed!

Comment

I never realized there were so many gun guys on this forum
                        Sweet!!
                        I hope Trump can do something about maura healey, she is killing us here in Mass with all of her bullshit anti AR crap
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                          I'd love to see the HPA passed!
                          You and me both.

Comment

I hope Trump can get on those certain states and make them ease up on you guys.
                            Mass and California to start with.
                            Thats what I love about Kentucky you can own what you want and blow shit up on the weekends.
                            Like my friend George says I'm in Kentucky and we like things when they blow up.
                            Here is a YT clip of my reenactment buds doing a WWII clip at Knob Creek gun range.
                            If you are ever in the area (Louisville Ky) the second weekend of April and October is the machine gun shoot I'll meet you there and hang out.Its an awesome event.
                            https://youtu.be/3ULXBtldOTo

Last edited by straycat; 12-26-2016, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Nice to see some other SBR's here. I too waited about 8 months to get 2 SBR's approved. Now that the tax stamps arrived (back in late Sept actually) I completed my builds. One is a 9mm AR15 that takes Colt mags and the other is an AR15 using the Dolos quick release barrel system. The latter is in .300 Blackout and .223/5.56

Rudy
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X