Yeah, it's just a mosin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, it's just a mosin...

Well, it's not even really that. It's a Chinese type 53. A CLONE of a Russian M44 Mosin.
    But, I fucking LOVE this rifle. Super accurate at 250yds with just the iron sights, and just plain one cool piece.
    It was a real beat up looking when I first got it. Loaded with cosmoline, plenty of rusty metal. Crap in the bore and down the barrel.
    Cleaned it up and refinished it with a LOT of sanding and tung oil for the wood, and rebluing the metal.
    The wood still looks beat up, but at least it looks clean with a nice sheen to it now lol.
    But, most importantly, it shoots really REALLY well.
    It's like a fucking CANNON going off compared to the other guns at the range too.
    Easily the loudest out of anything there. Not to mention the giant fireball accompanied by the physical blast wave that can be felt to either side with each shot.
    Tons of recoil as well. My shoulder is gonna be bruised for a week lol.
    Last edited by bombtek; 10-16-2016, 01:15 AM.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

I like Mosin's. I think I'm up to six now including an M44, but four are Finnish and two are Russian. The M44 is fun to shoot just because of the fireball. You're right about the M44's recoil. They kick like a mule. Do you find your Type 53 is more accurate with the bayonet extended? Mine is, and it's common to see guys shooting their M44's with the bayonet out.

Comment

Not much difference at 250 (extent of the range), maybe less than an inch, so tough to tell. Out of my six, four Type 53's one M44 and one 91/30, this is the most accurate shooter.
      The 91/30 is the only one that has a truly noticeable difference with or without bayonet. But if you choose to shoot with the bayonet, you're shooting a fucking 14 ft (exaggeration lol) long rifle.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I sort of want one of these. I'm sure 7.62x54R is a pretty potent round.

What are they going for these days?
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Run of the mill Russian 91/30's are bringing $200.00 and up. Anything between $200.00 and $250.00 is normal these days. M44's are bringing around $300.00 or so. Heck, even the Chinese Mosin imports have dried up, and I can't remember the last time I saw one for sale. Russian Mosin's are still out there though. Southern Ohio Gun is a reputable importer with fair prices on Curio and Relic rifles these days. Anything below $200.00 for a Mosin is a good deal nowdays. Surplus ammo has dried up too, but steel cased is out there for fairly reasonable prices.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/longguns/c-r-longguns

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
            Run of the mill Russian 91/30's are bringing $200.00 and up. Anything between $200.00 and $250.00 is normal these days. M44's are bringing around $300.00 or so. Heck, even the Chinese Mosin imports have dried up, and I can't remember the last time I saw one for sale. Russian Mosin's are still out there though. Southern Ohio Gun is a reputable importer with fair prices on Curio and Relic rifles these days. Anything below $200.00 for a Mosin is a good deal nowdays. Surplus ammo has dried up too, but steel cased is out there for fairly reasonable prices.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/longguns/c-r-longguns
            Thanks. I have an SKS and three AK pistols (Zastava M92's). I remember when the SKS's were going for about $150.00 and now they can't be found for under $400.00 or so.

I'm buying 7.62x39 pretty regularly these days, just because....
            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

The Type 53 is a Mosin. They're fun. The cartridge is cheap. I remember buying my first Type 53 for like $30 or $40. lol
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have some yellow tip and red tracer 7.62X54r that would be fun to shoot out of that one.
                Great guns and yeah they are loud.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                X