Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely Deplorable.

Yep.

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Hellz yeah!

There's merit to a nice trigger group in an AR!

Comment

It always cracked me up how when Geissele made the move into rails, LaRue are making triggers.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
          It always cracked me up how when Geissele made the move into rails, LaRue are making triggers.
          $99 on sale... that's what RRA wants for their 2 stage. And it's not like anyone can tell which 2 stage trigger is which with a blind test. Besides, I was running low on dillo dust.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            Besides, I was running low on dillo dust.
            Good reason lol

Comment

I still like my Colt single stage match trigger the best.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                I still like my Colt single stage match trigger the best.
                I tell you what. After using Geissele SSA's in my AR's I can not stand the feel of a regular mil-spec AR trigger. When shooting one with a mil-spec trigger I have to really watch my trigger pull or I will pull the shot every time.

Last edited by Razor; 10-08-2016, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Great minds think alike. My newest shirt:

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                    I tell you what. After using Geissele SSA's in my AR's I can not stand the feel of a regular mil-spec AR trigger. When shooting one with a mil-spec trigger I have to really watch my trigger pull or I will pull the shot every time.
                    Geissele is nice, I owned one of the first production units. I've run RRA, KAC, now have the MBT, owned a Timney drop-in and a few others over the years including a match JP... it was so long ago but fairly sure that was an amazing single stage as well. A 2 stage is a 2 stage. My Colt Single Stage Match Trigger is still nicer. Right before you would hit the first stage of a 2 stage trigger, my match trigger has a butter smooth take up and snaps like glass before you would expect it to. It's really a thing of beauty.

If you're never shot a single stage match trigger and have only used either milspec or match 2 stage triggers, you might want to give one a try.

Comment

Problem with a single stage is the inability to prep the trigger prior to breaking the shot for distance work.

Single stages are great for fast, intermediate distance shooting. I have a Wilson TTU which is very fast to run, but doesn't hold a candle to an SSA for precision shooting.

The finest combat trigger made is the Geissele SSA. You can't slow down a single stage and prep it like you can a 2-stage, but you can run a well designed 2-stage just as fast up close. But for shots between 300-500 yards, a 2-stage gives me the ability to prep the take-up out of the trigger, settle into a respiratory pause, then break a clean shot. Single stages all require the same amount of trigger pull weight by design, and this is one aspect where they start to show their limitations. It's also why I'm a firm believer that a factory Glock trigger is a near perfect combat handgun trigger. Short take up, firm wall prior to breaking the shot, short reset.

Everyone have differing opinions on this, and ultimately all that really matters is how well we can perform. We have so many high quality options these days, it's very hard to make a "wrong" choice. Just run your shit and train hard.

Comment

And maybe I should have prefaced that I'm only commenting on my personal experience, which isn't as much as many but more than most... have easily 20k on my Colt single stage a fair bit on drills, and probably easy 10k on various stock and custom R700's I've owned over the decades, so I'm used to single stage triggers and I personally love them... I think training is most important. And yeah, personal preference is paramount. That's why we have so many great options.

As for respiratory pause, instead of resting on your 2nd stage your bang stick is live and your ritual is different. It is less safe, trigger finger practice must be solid... There really is no second chance button. I actually find I am more accurate with a single stage when shooting standing and off-hand shooting.

I'm in the middle of a move so I won't get to try out my MBT for a while, but I expect it to be just like any other fine 2 stage match trigger, most people wouldn't be able tell who makes it just by pulling the trigger and everyone would do their rifle justice putting a match trigger of any sort in.

Comment

Working...
                        X