I found the whales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found the whales

Caught Gojira in Atlanta, got to meet the band before the show and was right up front all night.

These guys are KILLER live. Just tight playing all around, and those EVH 5150s are brutal.

awesome. I saw them a couple of years ago. Tight as a drum
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah brother, they absolutely burned it down last night. Ridiculous stage presence, great tone, and tight playing. Hell of a show.

Also, Joe's white Charvel Tele is slick. Christian played a single hum RR1T for most of the set. With the exception of a Whammy pedal used in Stranded, no effects...just 5150s on blast.

I believe the opening band, Tesseract, were using either Axe Fx or Kempers. They played a good set as well with very good tone, just not my cup of tea.
      Last edited by DRM; 09-26-2016, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I always try to pick up their deluxe editions because they like including concert footage on bonus dvds. That tele is pretty sweet. Love the body binding. Think he was using a matte black one when I saw them.

I've heard of Tesseract but haven't checked them out yet. Nice to hear the openers had good sound. I took a buddy to see Opeth a few years back and he was blown away by how good the opening band sounded. How could Opeth possibly top that? Of course they did. But they made sure the openers sounded shithot too.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

It's always good when the band includes their openers for a sound check. The crew mixing for the Tabernacle were on point, and I gotta say that whatever Tesseract were using sounded amazing. I want to say Axe Fx from what I could make out of their rack, but I'm not 100% sure. And I agree about that Tele...the body binding is a classy touch. I also did not see anything other than Charvel on the headstock. It may very well have been an import, and to be honest, I'd love to pick up a MIM sig model if such a thing is in the works.

The venue is an old church, complete with stained glass and organ pipes intact. It would be badass to catch a band like Ghost there.

Comment

Love The Tabernacle. It's my favorite venue for concerts.
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Working...
            X