Do you have a jam room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a jam room?

Well, after months of part time work on this project, I finally finished my jam room. My job (you know, the one that brings the dough) has been keeping me super busy since April (too busy if you matter).

My youngest son is studying drums in school (pre-university program here) and we (wife and I) were tired of the noise in the house.

I don't know if some of you got their own place where they can crank it but I feel pretty good about the fact that it is finished!

Went from 100 db out the door of the room to around 80 db. Now we can speak in the living room. The room will still need some acoustic panels on the wall as it is square and there is a some kind of delay/reverb but at least it is way more quiet than it was.

The setup isn't final, I just threw some gear in it. It's crazy how much gear I have these days and I wonder how it will fit in there. The guitars were added as pics require guitars! What will I do with the 15 or so others is a crazy question at the moment. And sorry for the crappy photos. My phone is a serious piece of sh*t.

JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Very nice.

I am closing on a house in less than two weeks and so look forward to getting out of an apartment and being able to setup a jam room in the basement.

Comment

I'm taking over my brother's house. 4 bedroom, 2 bath. The Master BR will be the jam room, and the closet will be converted to an isolation box for cabs. I'm hoping to add a decent electronic kit for interfacing with BFD 3. I'll finally have room to set up my keyboard (Alesis QS6) and music stand so I can read the books

I'll slowly work on soundproofing since it's just me, but I do have neighbors close enough to cry about the sound at 3am

Funny how they'll have no sympathy for me at 11am when they're mowing the yard and tuning up their cars while I'm trying to sleep. :P

If I follow isolation cabinet principles, the outer shell is already done (the walls). I just need to add a couple of layers and the inner walls and it should be roses.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yup. Got a rehearsal studio/jam room in my basement with several guitar rigs, a bass stack, and a set of drums, as well as full PA.

one side...

the other

Comment

TPOL, you don't get 'noise' off of the neon's?
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

does it count if every room in my place is a jam room?

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
              TPOL, you don't get 'noise' off of the neon's?

Not too much, no more than playing a club with neon. I've got every outlet on ISO-bar strips, and a dedicated electrical service just for the PA and amps, so that cuts most ground noise and hum. If you're playing a noisy single coil and face the lights and stand close to them, you can get a bit of hum, but not a ton.

its a ton quieter since we put the dedicated power in for the music gear

Comment

I'm divorced. My whole house is a jam room.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I had a fire sale in mine....
                  Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

My basement :: https://youtu.be/-d5Xo_pGia8

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                      I had a fire sale in mine....
                      I see what you did there. And now a moment of silence...
                      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Working...
                      X