KIX, Great White and Vince Neil Band 8-18-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KIX, Great White and Vince Neil Band 8-18-2016

The wife and I took our son to see KIX, Great White and Vince Neil last night at the West Virginia State Fair. I've seen Great White and Motley Crue several times in the past, but I've never been able to catch a KIX show. All I can say is DAMN! All the bands put on a great show, but in my opinion KIX stole it. I used up most of my memory card on KIX, so most of my pictures are from them. I took quite a few videos, and three surprisingly turned out good with one camera. My phone and other camera weren't worth a tinkers damn though.

Living in BFE West Virginia, it's been a long time since I didn't have to drive 3 to 5 hours to go see a concert. It was nice to drive an hour, and get to see a good show. If KIX rolls close to you, I highly recommend you go see them. Great White was good too, just damn solid. Mark Kendall had his typical killer tone, and was his normal slippery butter fingered self. The new singer for Great White did a solid job, but wasn't Jack Russell. It seemed to me he was too busy trying to play the part of a crooner. I don't know, he just kept reminding me of Neil Diamond while he was singing. I really didn't get any good shots of Vince Neil's band as the other camera and my phone were just terrible.

Vince Neil's band was good too. Vince Neil's band was basically Slaughter with Vince Neil singing. Vince did his normal butcher the song by singing every other word, but the band was tight and did a helluva rendition of Whole Lotta Love and Heaven and Hell with Jeff Bland singing and doing a damn good job on the vocals. Zoltan Chaney is hands down the best and wildest drummer I've seen in years. Great showman, and really was the best part of Vince's show for me.

Sound was great for all three bands. It was a great show, and I'm totally stoked that I got to see KIX as they were one of my favorite bands back in the day. Best $31.80 per head I've spent in a long time! Fair warning I'm sorry about the boucing in the video at the chorus. It was hard to keep myself from thrashing.

Last edited by Razor; 08-20-2016, 09:12 AM.

Nice. I saw Kix in the mid '90s at a local club, and they were excellent.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very cool, man. Looks like a good time.

Comment

I met Great White at our favorite mall back when I was like 14 or 15. We saw these metalheads and we told them they were on our turf and should probably leave.... they were all in their mid to late 20's and they just kinda laughed us off, but they were nice, told us they were in town for a show, so we sat there and talked with them for like half an hour or so. That was pretty funny. lol
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
          We saw these metalheads and we told them they were on our turf and should probably leave.... l
          What, really?
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
            What, really?
            Yeah, they had just got into town for a show I guess and were hanging out at a restaurant at a local fancy mall that was kinda famous at the time... They were probably mid to late 20's and we were all teenagers... had to be 81, 82 or 83ish. We were punk metalheads and they were in our turf. So we walked up all tough talking shit and ready to get our asses beat... they just kinda laughed at us and ended up just hanging out talking. They told us who they were and why they were there... We'd never heard of them so we didn't believe them.

Pretty fucking hilarious.

The only chance I got to hang out with Vince Neil? I didn't, he was locked in his trailer with a butt ugly girl doing drugs and didn't come out to socialize. lol
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The only chance I got to hang out with Vince Neil? I didn't, he was locked in his trailer with a butt ugly girl doing drugs and didn't come out to socialize. lol
              He was doing the buffet table, more like.
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Great White used to come to Columbus, Ohio every summer for a bash a radio station put on in the early 90's. I was a bouncer at a pool hall there. Mark Kendall was playing pool by himself so I asked if he wanted someone to shoot with. He said " Yes ". We played for a few hours and shot the shit. I had to actually play to beat him as he was a respectable player. Got to go back to their hotel and party with them. Mark was always the gentleman. Jack Russell.......well, I will say this in his defense..... he was messed up on booze and chems...so his attitude was not the best.

Every year that they did this show, Mark always looked me up to shoot pool.-Lou
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Yeah, they had just got into town for a show I guess and were hanging out at a restaurant at a local fancy mall that was kinda famous at the time... They were probably mid to late 20's and we were all teenagers... had to be 81, 82 or 83ish. We were punk metalheads and they were in our turf. So we walked up all tough talking shit and ready to get our asses beat... they just kinda laughed at us and ended up just hanging out talking. They told us who they were and why they were there... We'd never heard of them so we didn't believe them.

Pretty fucking hilarious.

I met Vince at a Stryper concert in 1986 in San Jose, he was a really nice guy. The rest of the band stayed hiding up in the cheap seats and didn't mingle at all. I'm not sure how many people knew who he was at that particular show so he didn't get surrounded, but he came out and talked to people (including me) which was cool.
                  In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

That's an impressive wall o' Marshall cabs!

Comment

I got to tech for Great White in February. Mark actually plays JCM900's but long story short he ended up with an 800 from the shop and loved it. Really supercool guys.
                      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                      X