Old dude, new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old dude, new member

Hey all, my name is Mark, and I just joined the forum. I'm a relapsing metalhead from back when kids still used words like "metalhead". I just pulled my old Model 5 out of mothballs and my google searches keep bringing me here. Plus, I don't have anyone in my near group of friends that I can ask "yo, should I get this copy of a Floyd Rose, or this other near identical copy of a Floyd Rose?"

I don't know if 40 constitutes "old" is around here, but when I google things like "too old for metal", I find forums where 24 year old guys (that were in diapers when I last played in a band) are wondering if they are still allowed to wear metal t-shirts in public.

Just wanted to drop in and day hi. \m/
    Last edited by Chinookmark; 08-04-2016, 08:17 PM.
    Charvel Model 5A+ Black Cherry, TZ/AN

Welcome to the forum, brother.

Comment

I'm 48 so you're young. lol

Welcome to the forum!
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

At 44, I'm old, too! Welcome aboard.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Chinookmark View Post
          Hey all, my name is Mark, and I just joined the forum. I'm a relapsing metalhead from back when kids still used words like "metalhead". I just pulled my old Model 5 out of mothballs and my google searches keep bringing me here. Plus, I don't have anyone in my near group of friends that I can ask "yo, should I get this copy of a Floyd Rose, or this other near identical copy of a Floyd Rose?"

I don't know if 40 constitutes "old" is around here, but when I google things like "too old for metal", I find forums where 24 year old guys (that were in diapers when I last played in a band) are wondering if they are still allowed to wear metal t-shirts in public.

Just wanted to drop in and day hi. \m/
          Welcome to the board Mark \m/ a lot of good info and people here.
          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

hey
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm 44 so you'll fit right in with us old farts who are stuck back in the day! Welcome to the JCF. It's a great place with a wealth of information. Just don't start a "what oil for my fretboard" thread and you'll be OTay!

Comment

Welcome! You can talk to us all day about dem "Floppy Rose" and we won't mind.

Comment

Welcome aboard young'un!

Comment

I'm 45. Don't pay attention to the world...it's stupid.
                    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I am 14, welcome

Comment

40? i have socks older than that
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes, guys. I'm glad I'm not alone being happily out of style. (Anyone else still dream about the 79 Trans Am they drove in high school?)

Comment

Originally posted by Chinookmark View Post
                            Thanks for the welcomes, guys. I'm glad I'm not alone being happily out of style. (Anyone else still dream about the 79 Trans Am they drove in high school?)
                            Never had one, but wanted one badly. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                              Just don't start a "what oil for my fretboard" thread and you'll be OTay!
                              Oh jeez, I was reading about that stuff for like two weeks straight. I stopped looking on guitar forums because it was the perfect example of how opinions relate to a certain body part. Much friendlier and more consistent results reading about furniture and woodworking. I could talk for hours on polymerization, rancidity, acidity, aging, and durability.

Comment

Working...
                              X