Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lack of debauchery and fun at today's 80s rock/metal shows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of debauchery and fun at today's 80s rock/metal shows?

I grew up after the 80s, hearing stories about wild nights and antics related to the scene.

I mostly attend small bar/club shows, some arena concerts, and some festivals to see 80s bands... and they're fine, but where's the debauchery and sense of fun?

I remember seeing Motley Crue in the mid-2000s and how "professional" and tame the show was. Musically solid. Vibe-wise, lacking the debauchery for which they stood. Not even any girls on stage!

I've seen Steel Panther four times, three of which were in Montreal and once in Las Vegas, two of the most sexually charged cities in North America. Aside from some apprehensive tits, no real antics seen...

Local 80s cover bands in small venues are also tame and don't push boundaries. I'm the wild one up at the front, headbanging and shouting along to the lyrics... and I get ridiculed by the beer-swilling gym rats or the nerdy office drones sitting further back. Most people are perched on their bar stools and nursing their beers while the bands soldier on...

Did I miss something special by being born too late?

Yes, you did.
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

That's because hot metal chicks aren't going to see 80's bands.

And the gym rat is taking them home and fucking their brains out.

Facts of life.

Comment

Sadly, I've found, that too many of the wild 80's chicks are still willing to party and show tits on a nightly basis.
        Unfortunately, they aren't in their 20's anymore. 1986 was 30 years ago, those 23 year olds are now 53 and they have been smoking and drinking every night, which takes a toll on one's looks (as I look in the mirror). They've pushed out a couple kids, their tattoos are old and faded, their skin looks old and haggard, not to mention that it is stained brown from all of the nicotine, and their tits hang to their belly button.

Which is why I stick to strippers. There is always a fresh young crop of party girls coming around.

Now, with out the creepy imagery ----
        There are definite differences in the crowds. But this stuff is cyclical. You have the party scene, and then the boring scene, and then when people are tired of being bored, they start to party again. You may not have the 80's scene with metal bands, but I think we had a big 'debauchery' comeback from about 2000-2010. And we are currently in the 'boring' phase where people act like they did on Mad Men, with their Scotch and their Martinis while puffing on cigars or imported clove cigarettes (or the 'Vapes'). But when 'Jersey Shore' was the hot show, people partied like rock stars --- they just did it to techno instead of rock.

In 2013, one of the bars that I am invested in changed themes. They went from The Hardware Bar (get hammered, nailed, and screwed), to an ale haus where the big entertainment is fancy decor and beers that don't run commercials on sports shows.
        In the local area, I saw more nightly debauchery during the 00's then I did in the 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
          The Hardware Bar (get hammered, nailed, and screwed)
          This is awesome.

Comment

My band skips the city bars and we prefer to play to mainly rural crowds. These people know how to party. Some would like to guess they must like country music. Not so. They look like the guys and gals in modern country videos but the heavier you play, the crazier they get. Country youth are into Slipknot, Pantera, and metal. They do not want to line dance, boot scoot, or slow dance with their date. Find this genre of fans and you will be the wild scene. They genuinely are good folks too - sincere, complimentary, appreciative.

Comment

Ahhhhh, the 80's. Damn do I miss the 80's. I touched my first vagina at age 15 on the floor of some 80's metal concert where some chick in a short skirt with no panties was letting everyone feel her up. Got laid several times from picking up chicks at 80's concerts. It's just not the same anymore. If a girl was offering up vag feels on the floor of a concert now, she'd sober up by the end of the concert and have everyone arrested who touched her.

Comment

Unfortunately, they aren't in their 20's anymore. 1986 was 30 years ago
                Ugh, now this may be a bit off tangent, but 5 years ago I ended up on a "remember the 90's festival" (don't ask,.. it was never 'my' music)
                But even there, all the booze, pot and pills they took on the houseparties 20 years earlier had taken their toll as well
                Bonerkillers each and every one of them, either they looked like crackwhores, had enough kids to make their vaginas makeshift tents, or looked like they ate the 90's
                whenever something yummy DID chat up to me, I immediately excused myself before I could celebrate a "remember that statutory rape you committed 20 years ago" Party
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Unfortunately, they aren't in their 20's anymore. 1986 was 30 years ago, those 23 year olds are now 53 and they have been smoking and drinking every night, which takes a toll on one's looks (as I look in the mirror). They've pushed out a couple kids, their tattoos are old and faded, their skin looks old and haggard, not to mention that it is stained brown from all of the nicotine, and their tits hang to their belly button.
                  Yeah? And?
                  They might have a clout like a wizard's sleeve, but they know what they are doing, and will make you a sammich afterwards, yay!
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                    Ugh, now this may be a bit off tangent, but 5 years ago I ended up on a "remember the 90's festival" (don't ask,.. it was never 'my' music)
                    But even there, all the booze, pot and pills they took on the houseparties 20 years earlier had taken their toll as well
                    Bonerkillers each and every one of them, either they looked like crackwhores, had enough kids to make their vaginas makeshift tents, or looked like they ate the 90's
                    whenever something yummy DID chat up to me, I immediately excused myself before I could celebrate a "remember that statutory rape you committed 20 years ago" Party
                    But the 90's were never about looks. In fact, it was about the anti-look. It wasn't cool to be pretty. So, to me, it makes total sense that the 90's chicks look just as rough, if not rougher than the 70's and 80's chicks. They started on a lower platform, and purposefully didn't try to better themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                      It's just not the same anymore. If a girl was offering up vag feels on the floor of a concert now, she'd sober up by the end of the concert and have everyone arrested who touched her.

I think if we did away with things like cell phones and Facebook, that people wouldn't be so uptight. Think about it... 'back in da day', like in high school, chicks would bang in secret. The minute a guy told his friends that a girl put out, she would deny that it happened and then cut him off from doing it again. Even if the 'secret' came out 20 years later, it still makes them feel shame and embarrassment.
                      Facebook just allows for those moments that are meant to be private to become instantly public - which is why I think that there are so many more rape cases today than before.

That's why certain places ban cell phones. They have a phone check, just like a coat check. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

Comment

But the 90's were never about looks. In fact, it was about the anti-look. It wasn't cool to be pretty. So, to me, it makes total sense that the 90's chicks look just as rough, if not rougher than the 70's and 80's chicks. They started on a lower platform, and purposefully didn't try to better themselves.
                        Trust me, in the houseparty scene it was about looks, the grunge scene didn't rule over here
                        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

i fortunatley live in a place where the girls always look great no matter what decade it is and type of music and look is popular.
                          always beautiful out here
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                            i fortunatley live in a place where the girls always look great no matter what decade it is and type of music and look is popular.
                            always beautiful out here
                            So do I - the pub. After 8 pints of Wife Beater, they all look the same to me.
                            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                            X