Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classifieds ads: Why do noob sellers package all their low-end gear together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classifieds ads: Why do noob sellers package all their low-end gear together?

Just a frivolous observation. Is it supposed to be some sort of "bonus" that a potential buyer is getting a bundled package? Oooh, nice... a crappy guitar AND a crappy amp, together like peanut butter and jelly!

An amp and a guitar curated by a new musician often aren't the most compatible pairing. Good chance they don't sound good together, and now someone else can become discouraged from learning music because the gear pairing sucks.

I suppose it beats the alternative, one listing for each piece of low-end gear that pollutes the classifieds websites.

I'm not against low-end or bundled gear. I've occasionally made offers on just the guitar or just the amp.

My guess is they want to sell what they have and bundling seems attractive to some buyers.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

They bought it as a bundle and don't know any better
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
        They bought it as a bundle and don't know any better
        Yeah, I've seen that a lot. Since they don't really play guitar, they don't realize that nobody but a beginner wants to buy an amp and a guitar together.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

They're selling to beginners. Plenty of people buying other people's mistakes or dropped new hobbies, looking to start one themselves. Some of them may actually have progressed to real gear and don't want the starter stuff laying around.

Comment

"If I list them separately and the guitar sells but the amp doesn't, I'm stuck with an amp I don't want and no guitar. If the amp sells but the guitar doesn't, I'm stuck with an electric guitar I don't want and no amp. Fuck it. I'll list them as a bundle and be rid of both."

Derp.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

and who doesn't need a spare bathroom amp...

Comment

A mini-wall of mini amps fed out of a signal splitter tearing your ankles apart is actually pretty cool.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

sigpic
                  Action Jackson

Comment

I sold my Marshall 2104 50 watt combo 1978 ex Thin Lizzy sometime last year. The Lizzy freak most interested would not give full price and I needed it sold for that so I found 2 of my old effect pedals. The Boss Chorus from 1978 and BOSS PH1 Phaser. He got one of them in the deal and paid for the other one after having tried it.

So I got what I wanted + extra for effects I rarely used at all. Though it sounded awesome.
                    What Is Paying For Your Passion For Being A Guitarist?

Comment

Working...
                    X