Time for some new leathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for some new leathers

So as an intro, with my birthday last year, I requested "No more Scotch whiskey, I already have enough to kill me 3 times over"

...which gave my buddies a problem with how to get me to expedite my departure from the mortal coil

So, as an alternative, they gave me a trackday as a present

I had to take a rain check because I was facing bike maintenance and with my birthday late June, the only days available on track would be the end of summer
    (With the climate here, not a positive outlook)

But also, because my old suit didn't suffice anymore
    Over 10 years old, already a bad fit when I got it, regulations demanding a back protector made it impossible to use
    So I figured, since I were to postpone it a year, I'd have enough time to get one tailored to fit, which I went out to do last week

Well, when you get a suit tailored, the sky is the limit, me never been able to leave well enough alone (I tinker with my gear, my bike, my computer, just to 'personalize' them), sounds like a dream come true
    ...but for me, the sky isn't the limit, my available funds ARE

Now I could have saved money by using a shop that employed foreign labour, but this gave the risk in the case of a mistake, that it would have to be sent overseas for correction
    with no clear time on when I would finally have the finished product
    This narrowed my choices to 2 domestic tailors around that did in-house production (fortunately, these 2 being the most prominent)
    the shop I went to allowed me, on my budget, the choice out of 3 designs, with some extras:
    Free choice of all available colors, perforated torso, 2 logos, name on back, 2 inside pockets

I had already worked out some designs based on my oldest hobby: Japanese Animation
    But these were simply going to the extremes of what was possible, NOT what was feasible, tryouts to figure what I wanted to incorporate into the final result
    (Imagine a tracksuit resembling this: )

In the end, very little was used (I admit: mostly because of budget)
    The color scheme certainly wasn't going to be that, I currently got a Black/maroon colored bike, and who knows what color a future bike will be, so I opted for neutral colors
    (which still had ties to the above image as in having a 'stealth' color scheme released in toy variant, but only the true nerds would know that )

Luckily I managed to get the most identifying aspects incorporated, and can add some more details in the future if I wish

After the shop sent me the first draft of the design, I did one revision, which the tailor gave 2 possibilities on, and it finally came down to this one which will be ready in about 8 weeks

"There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

every time i hear about a suit like that i always think this:

Comment

You are also under the assumption racers still ride around on these kind of things?

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Hey, honestly we would both take a mint bike like that.

Comment

Hell bent, hell bent for leather

Who wouldn't want an old Laverda? Beautiful bikes.....

I'd love to do a track day, if i get a chance to it won't be for a while. I have my kids every weekend so that rules out a lot of things.

Comment

Hmm, something like that is a display piece, I rather have something reliable to actually ride on
            (which leaves out most modern Italian sportsbikes and Harleys as well )
            My dealer's dad rebuilds old Royal Enfields, BMWs, BSAs, I keep bugging him when he's gonna start on a Norton (fat chance when looking at the prices for a crate of rusty parts)
            Don't get me wrong, I love seeing those old machines, but you need a big heart to ride them, big as in 'not going into cardiac arrest when trying to make the bike stop,...IF they stop'

And over here, it's impossible to do a trackday in the weekend
            We only have 2 tracks here, and those are used for competitions in the weekends

My biggest challenge is still coming up:
            Trying to get the bike to acceptable sound levels
            Years ago, some morons decided to build a suburb close to the Assen TT circuit, which resulted in a group of residents complaining about the sound
            (WHY THE FUCK DID THEY GET A HOUSE NEXT TO AN ACTIVE TRACK!?!?!) and got restrictions so far up, factory bikes are being kicked off the tarmac for being too loud
            ...and my bike is far from Factory Standard

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Tracks are always getting closed due to sound pollution real dumb

Comment

I've got an idea for some leathers too, wanna see my drawings?

Hmmm, perhaps not. (Clue: the studs are on the inside)
                Actually, I need some new leather strides for road use, my favourite pair are now 8 years old, and have done many many miles in the European summer heat. Betty Swollocks? I should say so!
                I couldn't find a bog in Venice a couple of years ago - amazing, all that water, but nowhere to piss - so just let it all flood out. I can tell you now that those trousers have a unique aroma which reminds me of good times, even if I can't actually remember what I was up to for some of them. I don't want to get rid of them, they are so comfortable, but I'm scared they'll walk away on their own when I take them off.

Ahhhhh, that smell...
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Ever contemplate assless chaps Smacker?

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Nightbat

How dare you say Italian bikes aren't reliable? My ducats were never on the road errrr I mean in the the shop.

Did you get those leathers so people can yell hey Focker to you?
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                      Nightbat

How dare you say Italian bikes aren't reliable? My ducats were never on the road errrr I mean in the the shop.
                      For the same reason my size 50 Italian tracksuit was smaller than the 50 I got measured in (wonder if they do the same with condom sizes over there)

Did you get those leathers so people can yell hey Focker to you?
                      ...well, it beats being called Minmei

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Having a bike with that paint job would be killer

Comment

Heheh, I can't say the thought never crossed my mind

putting something like this:

on something like this:

Ofcourse you ARE gonna need the officially licensed helmet to go along with it

(even though it's not DOT approved)
                          Last edited by Nightbat; 03-27-2016, 06:37 PM.

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

That would be bad ass. Robotech fans would get it and it would look cool still to people who were clueless.

Comment

If I had enough time and money (and mostly certainly: the skill) I would have grabbed a set of those Chinese plastics off Ebay
                              and went to town on it

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                              X