Trooper & 666 beers! Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trooper & 666 beers! Anyone?

Have you tasted it? Will do this coming weekend. Ok, don't laugh, trying to cut on my alcool consumption, so it won't happen until this Friday. They had only a few left, so I bought the last 12 bottles.

JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

If I had seen it in my local grocery store I would have bought a few bottles myself.

Comment

I've been told by several that local grocery stores carry Trooper but it's not really any good.

I haven't personally seen it though.

Comment

Trooper is alright, not great but not terrible.

Comment

My other half is a major beer snob. She's an ex-member of CAMRA (Campaign For Real Ales) (serious beer nerds...) , and can identify ales by the noise they make from about fifteen paces. She reckons that Trooper's pretty good!

Comment

I don't know what 666 beer is, but I buy Trooper quite often. Someone even gave me the tube with a bottle and a pint glass in it at Xmas.
            I generally buy 4-6 cans of cheap lager then 3 or 4 bottles of "better" stuff like Trooper, Doom Bar, William Wallace or Hobgoblin.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

pretty expensive and it's Ok.

Comment

Trooper is a traditional English ale and very tasty as such. People expecting it to taste like a fizzy American lager are going to be disappointed.

Comment

Well, I finaly had a taste of both. I like my beer to have that bitter taste and the Trooper did not disapoint me. It's not as bitter as some of my favorite IPA but it's a good beer.

I'm no beer snob but I do like beer a lot and I have tasted many in my life. Here in Quebec, we are lucky and have many micro breweries.

Anyway, as Maiden is one of my favorite band, I had to try their beer and I was happy to see that those 2 beers were available localy. I'll be at their next show on April 1st with my 3 sons! We're all fans.

The 666 was a bit too sweet to my taste but also it's a good one. My 2 oldest sons also tried both and they prefered the regular Trooper over the 666 but both got their thumbs up!

To those who prefer Coors and Budweiser kind of beer, pass your turn! lol
                  JB aka BenoA

Comment

Cheers! And re-cheers! After re-tasting both of them, my fav is the 666, it's a bit more bitter than the Trooper. This time, I tasted them without eating anything. My conclusion: but both are good.
                    JB aka BenoA

Comment

If you're an IPA man, keep a stock of Laguinitas IPA and Great Divide's Hercules.

For a Belgian Ale, I'm a big fan of quads and have been constantly impressed with Three Philosopher's. It's pretty sweet (it is a quad lol) but it's versatile enough to work with red meat and stands up on its own as a dessert beer.

I'll try the 666. I've had the Trooper and liked it.

Comment

A buddy gave me a 4-pack of the Trooper beer for Christmas. It was good. I'd buy it again. I washed out all the cans on put them on display in my studio area.

Comment

Both are crap, total crap. branded to get people to drink them. go get some stone and be glad you did.

Comment

For sure there is a marketing plot behind those beers but there way better than a Coors or an american Budweiser!
                            JB aka BenoA

Comment

Working...
                            X