R.I.P. Glenn Frey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Glenn Frey

This is turning out to be a shitty year for musicians and we're not even 3 full weeks in. RIP Glenn

https://www.yahoo.com/music/glenn-fr...ail&soc_trk=ma
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
    My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
    I had to stop for the night

Rest your head, sir.
    RIP, and thanks for the music.

Comment

If he went to hell, as Don Felder wanted, then "The Heat Is On" would be more appropriate :P

At least it's older artists, and not those with tons of unrealized potential like Rhoads, Hendrix, or Oliva. I mean, at some point they have nothing more to give, so they check out. That's acceptable to a degree. It's when they've got the wide open road ahead of them and they run off into the ravine that it becomes a problem.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        If he went to hell, as Don Felder wanted, then "The Heat Is On" would be more appropriate :P

At least it's older artists, and not those with tons of unrealized potential like Rhoads, Hendrix, or Oliva. I mean, at some point they have nothing more to give, so they check out. That's acceptable to a degree. It's when they've got the wide open road ahead of them and they run off into the ravine that it becomes a problem.

Agreed. Bowie's last album was amazing but it was also because he was inspired writing it for obvious reasons etc...

Lemmy making it to 70 was a miracle as far as I am concerned!

RIP Glenn Frye. While I kinda side with the Lebowski the dude was sure a talented song writer (even if I found it banal) and gave a ton of people joy. Always sad to lose an artist.
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          It's when they've got the wide open road ahead of them and they run off into the ravine that it becomes a problem.
          I agree and disagree with that statement
          I always wonder how many 'young and upcoming talents' are overrated, just because they never had the chance to show they could also suck
          Wouldn't EVH be heralded like a god if he croaked like Rhoads before he became a junkie/asshole?

The worst thing any talent can do that will surely destroy his legacy is not die
          Last edited by Nightbat; 01-19-2016, 05:08 PM.
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
            Agreed. Bowie's last album was amazing but it was also because he was inspired writing it for obvious reasons etc...

Lemmy making it to 70 was a miracle as far as I am concerned!

RIP Glenn Frye. While I kinda side with the Lebowski the dude was sure a talented song writer (even if I found it banal) and gave a ton of people joy. Always sad to lose an artist.
            Bowie has always been brilliant, buut Blackstar's creepy because of his almost celebrating his own death before the audience even knew he was dying.

And I get what you guys are saying about how they're older so at least they had a good run, but it still sucks. It's easy to imagine most people dying, but it wasn't so easy with Bowie.

Comment

Working...
            X