Looking for a bassist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a bassist

Not sure if this is frowned upon but I'm throwing out a lifeline for any help in finding a solid, old school (70's, 80's and 90's Zep, Sabbath, D. Purple, Priest, Metallica, Megadeth, AC/DC, Def Lep, VH, GnR, AIC, Puddle of Mudd etc.) hard rock/metal bassist in the SW Philly Suburbs (Chester, Delaware and Lancaster Counties) area. Own gear is a must and backing/lead vocal capabilities would be a bonus!

Please have any interested parties contact me at this email: [email protected]

Thanks!

Jim

Phil Campbell, is that you?
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
        Not sure if this is frowned upon but I'm throwing out a lifeline for any help in finding a solid, old school (70's, 80's and 90's Zep, Sabbath, D. Purple, Priest, Metallica, Megadeth, AC/DC, Def Lep, VH, GnR, AIC, Puddle of Mudd etc.) hard rock/metal bassist in the SW Philly Suburbs (Chester, Delaware and Lancaster Counties) area. Own gear is a must and backing/lead vocal capabilities would be a bonus!

Please have any interested parties contact me at this email: [email protected]

Thanks!

Jim
        If I lived closer and you promised never to mention Puddle of Mudd I would be in.
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
          If I lived closer and you promised never to mention Puddle of Mudd I would be in.
          I'm glad I didn't mention that we do a Nickelback tune as well... oops.
          Seriously though, anyone that's ever been in a cover band knows that you don't get to play only the good stuff. Patrons wanna hear what they wanna hear and there's no accounting for taste. If it keeps the Cosmo sipping 30- 40-something women banging their heads and shaking their over-ample cabooses, the men will also stick around. Men buy women drinks, women dance more provocatively, testosterone surges and then we launch into Symphony of Destruction or You Got Another Thing Comin' and everybody's banging their heads!

Comment

Yeah our set list fookin drives me nuts right now mainly because we re engineered it for a huge birthday party. Snuck in Walk though just to keep me happy lol. A bunch of people turning 40 and most importantly the 70 year olds birthday. Our drummers parents 2 days apart.

Comment

Nothing a 70 year old appreciates more at their birthday party than a little Pantera - Walk.
              My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

You know Respect!

Comment

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
                  Nothing a 70 year old appreciates more at their birthday party than a little Pantera - Walk.
                  True story: Was booked to do a show at a local Amvets only to show up and find out that we were the entertainment for some 70 year old lady's b-day party. We had people coming up as we're setting up, asking if we do dance tunes. I caught many furtive, nervous glances from the attendees. As we hit the first note of our sound check, a wave of terror washed over the crowd. By the time we started our 1st set, 3/4 of the group had left. The birthday granny stayed through the first set and even got up to dance to Alice in Chains and Guns and Roses. Luckily, the bar crowd in the next room eventually filtered over so we weren't playing to/for/with ourselves.

Comment

Nothing like scaring a crowd and the other bands on the bill during sound check.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      Nothing like scaring a crowd and the other bands on the bill during sound check.
                      We were the on and only/headliners. And when your crowd is predominantly friends and family of a 70 year old woman it doesn't take much to scare them- LOL

Mind you, this was all revealed the day of. We were NOT told that we were doing a birthday party until that afternoon. Needless to say, we were not happy.

Comment

Working...
                      X