Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Force Awakens (Don't read if you don't want to know)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Force Awakens (Don't read if you don't want to know)

www.vvforums.com

No way. It wasn't the best but they went back to the original formula. It was basically a cover song redone by a new band. It was a lot like creed imho. Start the cycle again. Not bad but nothing great. At least we weren't choked with special effects. C'mon Star Wars was so user popular because of laser swords. Sci fi. Was so fresh right then. That magic will never be recaptured.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

It can no way be worse than the previous 3
      How Ayatollah Skywhiner came to be Darth Vader is beyond me, I think we have a missing episode where some guy with balls kills Anakin like a little bitch, by ramming his favorite teddybear in his throat and assumes his place

BTW,... does JarJar get ritually slaughtered in this one?
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I am glad that I am not the only one that didn't like it.

BUT, I didn't have a problem with the last 3.

Comment

Spoiler! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN!!!

Do NOT Read This If You Have Not Seen It! SPOILERS GALORE!

This is my review that I posted on M4Carbine.

Originally Posted by .46caliber
          I must have seen a different movie. Growing up on the original trilogy, I walked away a bit disappointed.

Originally Posted by rushca01
          Spoilers below, honestly if you're still checking this thread and haven't seen it yet you shouldn't be surprised to read spoilers.

I liked it overall. Had the feeling of the original three which was well done.

Random thoughts below

It was cool seeing the milenium falcon in action again,big smile on my face when I saw it.

I was not happy about Han...he has always been my favorite character and I felt he still had more to give us in sequels.

I didn't like Finn wielding the lightsaber, cheapened it to me a little.

I also didn't like how Rey, who has never held a lightsaber, was able to go toe to toe with Kylo ren....come on.

I Felt like there were some plot holes and a little more back story for the past 30 years would have been nice. How big was the resistance force? Who was the first order working for?

Seriously, another Death Star built inside a planet that is destroyed by flying an X wing down a narrow path....

I thought Kylo ren was awesome in the first 40 minutes before he took the mask off and went all emo, he really is the grandson of anakin. He was a pure bad ass before this was revealed...the scene where he force freezes the blaster laser was really cool.

Is the supreme darth plagiues?

I assume Rey will be revealed to be Luke's daughter.

Overall great movie and I'm nitpicking. I have read no other material outside of seeing the episodes 1-6, so I'm not a super fan but still a big fan.

Originally Posted by VIP3R 237
          Now that I've seen it I can check in on this thread again haha.

Amazing? Yes! But I felt like it didn't quite live up to the hype, of course that may have been impossible.
          I'm somewhat disappointed too, it seemed they took all the best of Episodes 4, 5 and 6 and made one big ROTJ movie without a Sith dying. With that said, I hope Ren dies by his mother or Chewies hand. It just won't be right if Luke or Rey finishes him. Then again, I wonder if Ren does get lucky and kill Luke in the next episode, therefore setting the stage for Luke's daughter Rey to exact her revenge on him. Yeah, my money is on Rey being Luke's daughter.

It seems to me they also took bits and pieces of the non-canon stuff, and used those ideas for TFA. Stormtrooper instead of Tie Fighter pilot that's on Jakku instead of Yavin 4. Ben Solo instead of Jacen Solo. Han leaving Leia for a long period of time because of Ren going dark side, instead of him leaving for a long time like he did when Chewie died because of the Vong. No matter how much they try to play all these ideas as "new canon", they're borrowing from everything their copyright will let them IMHO. Another Death Star destroyed, and another damsel rescued from a Death Star really? Rey's speed of which she picked up the Force is almost beyond believable. What took Luke three movies to master she did in thirty or forty minutes tops? Then again, Rey's good at fixing things just like Anakin, always has been...

Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing another new Star Wars movie, but this one isn't as ground breaking as we've been hyped to believe IMHO. All the Falcon scenes were bad ass, it was so cool seeing the old rustbucket fly again. Also, I'm looking forward to the perceived power struggle between Ren and Hux and how that plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
            I am glad that I am not the only one that didn't like it.

BUT, I didn't have a problem with the last 3.
            I didn't have a problem with the Prequels either, and I don't hate Jar Jar either. Poor goat was great comic relief until they hornswaggled him into doing the vote of no confidence thing, and then he became the thing everyone loved to hate.
            Last edited by Razor; 12-20-2015, 10:57 PM.

Comment

I loved the prequels as much as the others, I know I'll love this one too. I don't mind reading spoilers either, they've never affected my experience of a movie, so spoil away.

Comment

I really enjoyed it. Don't feel that Rey has mastered it by any stretch, but she was able to draw enough to go up against an already injured Ren. He had already taken a blast from Chewie and then took a sabre hit or two fighting with Finn. She was nowhere near as fluid or capable with the sabre as Ren. I think when she rallied, she caught him by surprise since he's like a petulant kid used to meeting little resistance
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I liked the movie but I am a bit disappointed about the recycling of ideas, e.g., another death star (with another rescue and destruction by X-Wing), another hunt for droids on a desert planet, yet another shocking family relation revelation (and more to come, most likely).

About the Rey vs. Ren thing, I was thinking that perhaps at this stage Ren is not as accomplished a Sith as we might initially believe. He might still be in training. After Darth Vader and Palpatine are destroyed, who's left to train the new generation of Sith? But I also found Ren to be disappointing after he was unmasked. I also thought the space-nazi thing was a bit too easy, couldn't they have come up with something better? How about a really evil Sith council or something? Some of the ideas in the KOTOR games (e.g., Revan and the Star Forge) are way better ideas than what's in this movie, IMO.

I still enjoyed it, though.

Comment

Admittedly, I have not read books or played games - and I have only caught a couple episodes of the cartoons, but I hear people talk from time to time - so, I learn.

If you look at how quickly she picked up piloting the Falcon, why are we assuming that she is Luke's kid?
                    HAN was the Falcon pilot. Leia was Luke's twin, and also had genetic force abilities but she did not train to strengthen them. So, why can't Rey be one of the other two kids Han and Leia had, rather than Luke's.

Ultimately, I probably would have enjoyed the movie more if it was not called Star Wars. Maybe if it was a random movie involving space, futuristic machinery, and old fashioned witchcraft. But I felt disconnected from Star Wars, which is probably more to do with JJ Abrams vs George Lucas, because GL would have had different camera shots. Some of the shots looked like modern hollywood instead of Star Wars. It didn't help me connect.

Comment

Admittedly, I have not read books or played games - and I have only caught a couple episodes of the cartoons, but I hear people talk from time to time - so, I learn.

If you look at how quickly she picked up piloting the Falcon, why are we assuming that she is Luke's kid?
                      HAN was the Falcon pilot. Leia was Luke's twin, and also had genetic force abilities but she did not train to strengthen them. So, why can't Rey be one of the other two kids Han and Leia had, rather than Luke's.

Ultimately, I probably would have enjoyed the movie more if it was not called Star Wars. Maybe if it was a random movie involving space, futuristic machinery, and old fashioned witchcraft. But I felt disconnected from Star Wars, which is probably more to do with JJ Abrams vs George Lucas, because GL would have had different camera shots. Some of the shots looked like modern hollywood instead of Star Wars. It didn't help me connect.
                      Rey reminds me more of Anakin as a kid. Note my "I'm good at fixing things, always have been" reference. Recall that Luke was also considered a great bush pilot in New Hope. I would think that if Rey were Han and Leia's child there would have been a great homecoming, but that didn't happen and there was plenty of time for it. My money is on Rey being Luke's daughter. He dropped her off on some two bit world like he had been dropped off as a baby to keep her from being detected while he went into hiding.

Comment

Yes, exactly! Jar Jar Abrams () for me has just made another Star Trek looking and emotionally plotted (hackneyed! though the last S/Trek was good) movie that has a crappy lightsabre battle at the end!
                        www.vvforums.com

Comment

Yeah there was no recognition at all of Rey in that sense from either Han or Leia. It couldn't be that unnoticed. Unless the pull it was a dead twin route. I did consider that though because it is a Parallel which would have made sense...
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

See, I did see a twinkle in Han's eye. A little facial expression, like - Oh My God, it's her. I will bond with her before I say Rey I am your father...
                            But, it is Star Wars, it would not be the first time that a child was separated for protection from evil. I mean, hey, one kid already went dark, so let's protect the other force-child from the war.

I guess we will find out in 4 years when VIII comes out.

I think I am going to go see it again. This time without the opening day non-sense. Maybe when it hits the $2 theater.

Comment

Does that bastard Chewbacca finally get it? I hate that guy,he's not right in the head.
                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X