New gun pics for my fellow gun owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gun pics for my fellow gun owners

Got this one a short time ago just never posted it.

Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum. It has a blued finish, 7.5" barrel, single action, it weighs 48 ounces (3 pounds), MSRP is $769 but I got it used from JR Shooting Sports for $450. When I asked why the owner sold it the salesman told me the guy didn't like how much the handle bruised up the palm of his hand when firing. I just like having it for target practice since .44's are hard to get good with, or rather for me they are, right now I'm having some trouble grouping my shots because of flinching. This thing kicks like an angry horse. I changed the grips for a darker set.

Let me ask you something punk. Do you feel lucky?

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

"Go ahead punk, make my day!"

Very nice Ruger! My nephew has a stainless one like that his mom bought for him, and it's a real "kick" to shoot. 44 Mag is a hell of a round!

Comment

"Did I fire 6 rounds or only 5? Tell you the truth I lost count myself in all this excitement!"

Comment

Nice. I have an old one in SS, great piece.

Comment

Cool had had a Redhawak 8.5" inch with aimpoint 20+ years ago. Amazing, over built gun. Shot thousands thru it, lots of hot loads. Knew a guy that had the 454 cusull. That was cool at the time. Still is.

I didn't warm up to the feel of the Rugers' long hammer throw w/ SA. Went thru a shit loads of S&W 44 until I found my 8 3/8 629 Classic hunter, and 2 1/2" 629 Lou Horton. My dad has the classic hunter version Hoton 44 snub. We used to go Pin Shooting, and he'd knock 'em down in just over 5 seconds. That's was amazing. He taught me how to shoot and reload for 44..That was fun too. We would BS and knock out 50 rounds each just over an hour. Never had one missfire. Lee hand press, 2400 powder and copper jacketed 247 bullets.

I liked the 8" Colt Anaconda too. Should have kept the nickel 44 Desert Eagle. My dad sold that because he didn't want to chase after the brass at the Stonewall indoor range. Not kiddin'..

My brother bought him a 10.5" (I think) stainless S&W 500 . I refused to go because I'm not really into going to the range these days. I just got enogh feeling back in my playing hand..don't wanna fuck that up. 350 grain..all the way to 700 grain bullets. That's insane.

Have fun..Congrats!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nice!
              my fav right now is the S&W the M&P .40. A cop friend of mine brought his out to the range a while back and I loved it.
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I used to carry a S&W 629 as a bush pistol in Alaska. .44 Mag is a great caliber for soft skinned, large game if you can only carry a pistol with you.

Enjoy it!

Comment

Wow I dig the black grips.
                  Nice score bud.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks guys! It took a day but I corrected the flinching, shots are grouping, and my hand fucking hurts! What is it about large caliber handguns that are so cool?

Comment

Originally posted by ZL1hawk View Post
                      Thanks guys! It took a day but I corrected the flinching, shots are grouping, and my hand fucking hurts! What is it about large caliber handguns that are so cool?
                      That big "boom" and "kick" when you shoot 'em! I've got a handful of weapons but my favorites are my Sig Sauer Ultra .45 for CC, a FNAR .308 and a Remington 870P Semi-Auto 12 Gauge. For me, it may have been from growing up hunting with a shotgun as a kid or packing an M60 in the Army for a few years but the larger bore guns are just more fun to shoot IMHO.
                      MuttznMongrelz
                      Recovering G.A.S.-aholic

1988 Jackson Soloist Custom "Glow In The Dark Lava"
                      2006 Jackson Soloist Custom "Red Snakeskin"
                      2013 USACG Iceman Custom
                      1992 Peavey 5150 Signature Combo

sigpic

Comment

It's like why asking big tits are awesome.

Because they just are.

Comment

When I worked at a gun range, there used to be this tiny little cute Asian girl... must have been 4-10... probably not even 5 feet tall. She'd come every third or fourth sunday early in the morning and set up on the 100y tin can range with a sandbagged 454 Casull. And she shot it. Amazingly well. Big guns go BOOM and most people just stare in awe. Cannon is cannon.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I had a Desert Eagle 50 AE and it broke me of shooting hand cannons LOL.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                              It's like why asking big tits are awesome.

Because they just are.
                              That sums it up perfectly!

Comment

Working...
                              X