NHL 2015-16 thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
    I think the Sharks are done now. They blew it last night. Going into an elimination game in Pittsburgh with the cup in the barn? It is over Minnow fans, always next year
    And we had a great Game 4 too... our 3rd pairing really did us in. Oh well, at least the holes we need to fix are fairly glaring.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Sharks D is brutal. Jones is the only reason you guys are still alive.
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
        Sharks D is brutal. Jones is the only reason you guys are still alive.
        To be fair, we should have won game 4 and lost it... we should have lost game 5 and won.

Officiating was one sided again. Blatant no-calls for the Pens... Sure we got away with one boarding call, but damn... East Coast Bias is strong with the refs. It was so bad even NBC commentary mentioned it, and those guys couldn't suck more Crosby cock to save their lives if they tried.

Jones is amazing.
        Last edited by xenophobe; 06-10-2016, 09:45 AM.

Comment

What a wild 15 minutes of hockey in the first period last night. Being down 1-3 in the best of 7 is nearly impossible but I'd like to see the Sharks at least win game 6 and force a game 7. What I hate though is the Finals schedule with 2 days of - a game 5 - 2 days off then game 6 and 2 more days off before Wednesday game 7
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
            What a wild 15 minutes of hockey in the first period last night. Being down 1-3 in the best of 7 is nearly impossible but I'd like to see the Sharks at least win game 6 and force a game 7. What I hate though is the Finals schedule with 2 days of - a game 5 - 2 days off then game 6 and 2 more days off before Wednesday game 7
            One of the memes on Fear the Fin was that the refs and media were tired of traveling from coast to coast and wanted to end it as soon as possible.

2 days off between games is stupid.

And yeah, coming back from 3-1 would certainly be unlikely... but it's still possible. I guess that's only been done once before?

We have a chance if our coach can limit our 3rd pairing's ice time. The Pens are up 3-2 right now in good part to taking advantage of Dillon and Pollak's horrible play.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              To be fair, we should have won game 4 and lost it... we should have lost game 5 and won.

Officiating was one sided again. Blatant no-calls for the Pens... Sure we got away with one boarding call, but damn... East Coast Bias is strong with the refs. It was so bad even NBC commentary mentioned it, and those guys couldn't suck more Crosby cock to save their lives if they tried.

Jones is amazing.
              I agree about nbc, but the delay of game and burns high stick were automatic calls. Polak got away with blatant boarding. They did miss a blatant trip and Kunitz holding the stick behind the goal but that ain't gonna get called with 2min left in the third. Just hope sharks don't fall apart at home and at least force game 7.

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                I agree about nbc, but the delay of game and burns high stick were automatic calls. Polak got away with blatant boarding. They did miss a blatant trip and Kunitz holding the stick behind the goal but that ain't gonna get called with 2min left in the third. Just hope sharks don't fall apart at home and at least force game 7.
                Which blatant trip? lol Coture ended up getting cut on the nose. I'm sure the non-call on boarding was an attempt to even it up.

You hope the Sharks don't fall apart? They pretty much haven't even been in this series... Pens have been taking all their space. Game 4 is the closest we've come to playing a "normal" game or the first half of the 1st period in Game 5. I think SJ is a bit more beat up... we had to go through 3 hard hitting teams.

Not to discredit the Pens suffocating us, most of us are fairly sure Pavelski is playing broken. Hertl being out is devastating to our depth. And add to the fact we have Polak and Dillon. Just like I said before the series started, our 3rd pair sucks and if the Pens can take advantage of that, we're screwed. And they've done a pretty good job of that.

Hopefully our coach will play short bench. I'm fairly confident Wookie Martin and Pickles Braun would be fine taking all the minutes.

Comment

Jones stood on his head last night, and definitely deserved the win. I thought Burns and Pavelski had their best game especially in the first and second period. Pens had best not fuck around with the Sharks. Murray looked terrible in the first, and definitely should have stopped the first goal. His glove hand is quickly becoming a handicap for him. He's gotten us this far so we have to stick with him for now, but damn is he making my blood pressure go up with every game!

Comment

Yeah, Murray does look a bit shaky at times... and that glove side will be the death of him... but only if the Pens can't keep up their brutally suffocating defense and their blazing transitions.

Should be an interesting game, that's for sure!

Comment

• N
                      Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                      Which blatant trip? lol Coture ended up getting cut on the nose. I'm sure the non-call on boarding was an attempt to even it up.

You hope the Sharks don't fall apart? They pretty much haven't even been in this series... Pens have been taking all their space. Game 4 is the closest we've come to playing a "normal" game or the first half of the 1st period in Game 5. I think SJ is a bit more beat up... we had to go through 3 hard hitting teams.

Not to discredit the Pens suffocating us, most of us are fairly sure Pavelski is playing broken. Hertl being out is devastating to our depth. And add to the fact we have Polak and Dillon. Just like I said before the series started, our 3rd pair sucks and if the Pens can take advantage of that, we're screwed. And they've done a pretty good job of that.

Hopefully our coach will play short bench. I'm fairly confident Wookie Martin and Pickles Braun would be fine taking all the minutes.
                      The blatant trip was by one of the pens on melker Carlson I think. And yeah, polak and Dillon are terrible. At least you guys have last change at home. No question pavelski is injured.

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                        N
                        The blatant trip was by one of the pens on melker Carlson I think. And yeah, polak and Dillon are terrible. At least you guys have last change at home. No question pavelski is injured.
                        And there was another on Pavelski, and erm... I forget who. There were at least two non-called too many men, the one that was called was only after like 5 seconds when it was apparent the 6th person wasn't going off. And a stick to Coture that cut his nose. Game 1... so many uncalled icings for the Pens... Games 2-4 were fairly even.

And a few missed calls here or there are understandable, but in G5, East Coast bias seemed to reign strong.

Polak and Dillon weren't so horrible against most teams bottom lines/pairings, but damn, against a super deep Pens lineup, they're nothing but a liability.

While it's unlikely SJ will win the series, the chances for a Game 7 are fairly good.

Comment

• Yeah holy fuck congrats to Wes McCauley and the pens. They should've been short handed off the first face off.

I'm done with the nhl.

Comment

• You all have seen my posts all season long. If someone had told me in November that the Pens would have won the Cup I would have asked them if they had lost their mind.

Rutherford did a damn good job putting together the right pieces to let the Pens use their speed, and the coaching change was spot on too. The Haglin and Daley pickups were spot on. I thought Kessel should have won the Conn Smythe myself, but Sid did lead by example throughout the whole playoffs and the two assists in game 6 didn't hurt either. Murray wasn't really hung out in any series, and the only game I think he stole was game 3 (maybe 4) against the Capitals.

The Pens defense for the most part in every series kept him from being tested like the oppositions goalies were. Pens defense earned a lot of respect from me this playoff. Even though Lovejoy and Cole looked like crap most all season long, they came through in the Cup run. Once Letang got going this season he proved his worth, and was a workhorse all season long.

I thought the booing by the Sharks fans after the game was classless, but I expect nothing less from Commiefornians.

Comment

• Best team did win. Officiating was beyond suspect at times. Kessel shoulda got the mvp, no questions asked. I agree about the booing, boo Bettmans stupid ass all u want but not the cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                                You all have seen my posts all season long. If someone had told me in November that the Pens would have won the Cup I would have asked them if they had lost their mind.
                                Couldn't agree more Razor! I guess NHL.com was drinking the kool aid too...with 17 out of 21 wags picking the Sharks!

Jim Rutherford did his share to bring the Pens up a few rungs, and out of mediocrity. And if deserving will get GM of the year. I think the real crime here is that Mike Sullivan wasn't even a finalist for the Jack Adams Award. With your 3 contenders being Lindy Ruff, Barry Trotz, and Gerard Gallant, I'd choose Sully in a runaway.

Comment

Working...
                                X