Are you an E-cig smoker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you an E-cig smoker?

My opinion is they are worse than traditional smoking/cigarettes, not to mention the clouding every time ya take a hit. I was sitting out on the smoke pad at work and this dude comes over starts vaping, before you know it the whole area is clouded up from his device and choking me, whatever he was vaping smelled horrible as well. That shit is rude! . I smoke, but I'm going to respect those around me smoker or not, I'd never cloud folks with my burning cig/ exhale, common sense, respect for others. I had to get up and leave that area fuck that!. Anyway I was reading this morning and this story caught me eye.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hea...cid=spartandhp

What this says to me is what I have thought the entire existence of the product, you're vaping what they misted onto the tobacco, and the cover is the "flavoring" ex: Cherry, Winter Mint, New Car, Leather and they advertised it as safer and an easier way to quit lol, straight up poison. I'll be kicking my bad habit soon enough.

\m/ Thrash Zone \m/

I think they banned (illegal) that shit down here.... You can still buy a crack pipe in a tobacco shop though.

Comment

I've got an e-cig that is nowhere near that intrusive. I've also seen a few of the newer vapor sticks that look like pocket hookas, and some of them do put out more cloud than a regular cig.

But since I switched to the roll-your-own stuff, I'm paying roughly $7 a carton and getting straight tobacco without the artificial additives.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        I've got an e-cig that is nowhere near that intrusive. I've also seen a few of the newer vapor sticks that look like pocket hookas, and some of them do put out more cloud than a regular cig.

But since I switched to the roll-your-own stuff, I'm paying roughly $7 a carton and getting straight tobacco without the artificial additives.
        I smoke the Marlboro (Red) 72's , carton runs me $40 bucks every 2 weeks, spending $80 a month. That's a nice new mid grade guitar every yr. I won't have to worry about the cloud much longer anyway. Honestly, I got woozy and that's why I finally had to just get up and leave the area to seek fresh air... I don't see how they cloud like that, (it looks like a damn fire started) and for some users (because I see it a lot) I guess that's what it's all about? That or they just don't know how to dial the damn thing in.

I don't smoke in my house, I'm a lone smoker in the family, and it's just time to quit.
        \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson8090s View Post
          My opinion is they are worse than traditional smoking/cigarettes, not to mention the clouding every time ya take a hit. I was sitting out on the smoke pad at work and this dude comes over starts vaping, before you know it the whole area is clouded up from his device and choking me, whatever he was vaping smelled horrible as well. That shit is rude! . I smoke, but I'm going to respect those around me smoker or not, I'd never cloud folks with my burning cig/ exhale, common sense, respect for others. I had to get up and leave that area fuck that!. Anyway I was reading this morning and this story caught me eye.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hea...cid=spartandhp

What this says to me is what I have thought the entire existence of the product, you're vaping what they misted onto the tobacco, and the cover is the "flavoring" ex: Cherry, Winter Mint, New Car, Leather and they advertised it as safer and an easier way to quit lol, straight up poison. I'll be kicking my bad habit soon enough.

Seriously? I vape and the vapor dissipates almost instantly. It doesn't last anywhere NEAR as long as cigarette smoke.

And besides......

1. There's no fire hazard
          2. No smelly breath, clothes, house, car, etc....
          3. It's cheaper than smoking by far
          4. It's much more convenient
          5. Depending on the ingredients, I find it hard to believe that they have anywhere near the same amount of toxins as cigarettes.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
            Seriously? I vape and the vapor dissipates almost instantly. It doesn't last anywhere NEAR as long as cigarette smoke.

And besides......

1. There's no fire hazard
            2. No smelly breath, clothes, house, car, etc....
            3. It's cheaper than smoking by far
            4. It's much more convenient
            5. Depending on the ingredients, I find it hard to believe that they have anywhere near the same amount of toxins as cigarettes.
            I guess you missed this part?

The Center for Environmental Health (CEH) says its tests found that nearly 90% of the companies had at least one brand that produced high levels of one or both of the cancer-causing chemicals formaldehyde and acetaldehyde. <-- your ingredients sir
            In the first ever large lab-testing of e-cigarettes on the market, the CEH found that most – 50 of 97 products examined – contained high levels of one or both chemicals.
            As to not being smelly, that's you, people who do not vape, like myself , some of those "flavors" are horrible smelling, and the clouding is ridiculous and thick!
            No fire hazard? I've seen reports of those devices exploding while being used on national news.
            Cheaper, for now, until they can get it to catch on.
            Convenient ? I guess this depends on where you live, restaurants, bars, work place here treat it like tobacco , go outside, because of clouding and the smell.
            \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Flavoring is noticeable, but in an enclosed room among non-smokers, none reported being able to smell anything from my e-cig.

As well, I think some of those hookah-type units are designed to generate a lot of excess fog.

With mine, there's no odor, and all anyone sees is a tiny bit of mist as if it were cold outside.

As for seeing them explode on the national news, I saw a report on a national news channel that the Siri app can aid child molesters in locating places to snatch children from. The reporter spoke into his iPhone "Siri, I'm a child molester, where can I find children in the area?" and the reply came back with several parks and a McDonald's PlayLand in the area.

The point here is that if the national news wants to show something negative, they will do what they have to do to achieve that. They will get 20 people to bunch together behind a barricade in front of the camera behind the reporter shouting slogans and waving signs to make the viewer believe there's a massive outcry on the subject.
              If they want something to explode from improper use the manufacturer clearly warns about, they will.

And the Department of Health can suck my dick. They cry about cigs and have yet to produce conclusive evidence of their claims nor can they provide conclusive evidence as to why so many smokers do not develop any form of cancer, nor can they determine why some people who smoke do get cancer that cannot be linked to smoking.

It's knee-jerk Naziism. "Well, we really think it's bad for you, and you really should consider your health OMG FOR THE CHILDREN OMG and so you can be a good little taxpayer and pay your legally-mandated insurance premiums but be in perfect health so you never have to use insurance because that takes away from their profits and because OMG IT'S FOR THE FUCKING CHILDREN!!!!!111!!

Fuck what the fucking Government stoolies and their Corporate Paymasters say.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I hear ya Newc , and I'm with on that... just stating from my personal experience sitting next to a vape user while I attempt to have a smoke, and my thoughts on vaping from the beginning. In other words instead of making the investment and growing, producing the tobacco and mist on the poison, where just gonna sell you the liquid version, after all that's what you're hooked on, not the tobacco, and that's the ugly side of capitalism ... it's the same with food and drinks made in labs from chemicals. We're sold out for politicians to turn a blind eye while they add "the magical amounts" .
                \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

I have one of the e cig brand ones that looks like a normal cig.
                  Very little smoke just a slight mist.
                  I use it sometimes but still a Marlboro silver pack puffer.
                  I have a girl friend that manages a vapor shop and all the young uns thinks its cool to see how much of a cloud the can get going.
                  They have vap parties and do all kinds of goofy shit which just isn't interesting to me so I don't participate.
                  Last edited by straycat; 09-02-2015, 10:05 PM.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

But vaping was advertised as safer and a way to quit smoking.. most people I know at the plant who are vaping, started to quit smoking, after a few months, they now come out to the pad with a pack of smokes and their vaping machine
                    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

My E cig is OK but is like sucking on a garden hose to get much out of it LOL
                      It does in a pinch if you are out of smokes.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

What's in the fluid depends on who makes it. I've always used HALO liquid. It doesn't have all that crap in it. Also, the vapor, on mine at least, dissipates very quickly. My wife hates being in a smokey room with a passion. We can sit on the couch for the night watching TV and I can vape as much as I want. There's no haze and she can't even smell it. 3 years ago I bought my first ecig and I haven't had a tobacco cig since. I't's also nice to be able to ween myself off the nicotine. Once I get down to the liquid with no nicotine in it it'll just be the physical habit to break.

However, I will say that some of the units give out so much vapor it's crazy. And yes, standing next to someone with one of those can be really annoying.
                        My Toys:
                        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                        '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                        '94 Dinky HX in Black
                        '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Meh, smoke 'em if you got 'em

I myself smoke the old fashioned way: loose paper, pack of heavy tobacco, rollin' with the times
                          With heavy tobacco I smoke about 100 grams a week
                          If I were to smoke cigs, I'd be over 2 packs a day with the speed you can drag one to the filter
                          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I smoked my last tobacco cigarette in June 2013 and haven't missed it one bit. At first, I was using the "cigalikes," the ones that look like a cigarette. I used Cig 2.0 tips with V2 batteries because..... Cig 2.0 batteries suck and V2 cartomizers suck, in my opinion. This went on for about a year. Then I finally got wise and started using the 510 units. They hold a LOT more juice than the cigalikes, the batteries hold a much longer charge, and I can run any flavor I like.

But speaking of which..... I currently only use menthol (and that's all I ever smoked in cigarettes). I've tried several of the flavors, like vanilla, strawberry, banana, etc.... but they all grew tiring to me after a while. So it's menthol for me.

To the OP: I'm not arguing with you. I've seen some of the big units that can totally cloud a room and I've also heard about bad stuff in some of the e-liquids. But at the same time, I also believe that there are safer e-liquids out there.
                            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                              I smoked my last tobacco cigarette in June 2013 and haven't missed it one bit. At first, I was using the "cigalikes," the ones that look like a cigarette. I used Cig 2.0 tips with V2 batteries because..... Cig 2.0 batteries suck and V2 cartomizers suck, in my opinion. This went on for about a year. Then I finally got wise and started using the 510 units. They hold a LOT more juice than the cigalikes, the batteries hold a much longer charge, and I can run any flavor I like.

But speaking of which..... I currently only use menthol (and that's all I ever smoked in cigarettes). I've tried several of the flavors, like vanilla, strawberry, banana, etc.... but they all grew tiring to me after a while. So it's menthol for me.

To the OP: I'm not arguing with you. I've seen some of the big units that can totally cloud a room and I've also heard about bad stuff in some of the e-liquids. But at the same time, I also believe that there are safer e-liquids out there.
                              Nah, cool, I didn't post this looking for any arguments, just sharing information and personal experience /opinion. I know when vaping first came about it was advertised as safer and a way to quit smoking ..no chemicals like in tobacco cigs and now they're ( the companies loading the product with high doses of chemicals) caught in their lies. But like Newc said, governments and health advocates have an agenda. If the data is true I'd like to see the companies names published and what they put in their vape, so the user knows who to avoid and let the free market do the rest. The same goes for the food industry and the USDA should be ashamed , at one time that seal meant something, you knew you could trust it, but for a long time now it too has been turning a blind eye for $$$$.
                              \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Working...
                              X